Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello from new FJ45 Pick Up owner

DIC

Country Flag
england
My name is Dave and my love for the 40 series started in 1981 when I drove one while working for tree surgery company in Surrey where I still live. The owner of the vehicle changed the engine from the 4ltr petrol to to a deisel and the truck was never the same. Trust me I wount make the same mistake. Now that I have had time to look at my 1976 Uk truck it looks like a body off and strip down with various replacment panels needed to include pick up body, outer wings, apron, side treads, roof. The tub, bonnet, inner wings looks ok and all the knobs and buttons are in good order as well as the chasis but this will need to be shot blasted and powder coated I think???? The truck is now brown but this looks like its 3rd colour with the original being dark green which I like. Would anybody suggest having the tub acid dipped as bits of it are rusty and covered in 3 layers of paint and underseal? As you may well deduce I am very new to this so any advice will be helpful. As I realise this is a long term project due to limited funds so any suggestions on the best lace for panels and parts would be welcolme. I think I have attaced some photos. IMG_1342.JPGIMG_1344.JPGIMG_1350.JPGIMG_1353.JPG

Hi Dave and welcome to the forum, what part of Surrey are you from? I'm from Morden on the border to Surrey. What happened to the steering wheel? it looks like it's been distorted by heat or is the that camera distorting it?

Chas
I used the pan option on the phone just to get all the knobs in which gives that effect sometimes..The wheel is straight. Thanks for the reply.

Hi Dave and welcome to the forum, what part of Surrey are you from? I'm from Morden on the border to Surrey. What happened to the steering wheel? it looks like it's been distorted by heat or is the that camera distorting it?

Sorry I am just outside Dorking

Hi Dave

Welcome to the Forum!
Love your truck:thumbup:
My first truck was a FJ45 and made the same mistake, should never have changed the engine!:thumbdown:
They are excellent work "horses" and simply go on forever!

Crazy Dutchman

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks Crazy Dutchman:icon-biggrin:
I am a little daunted by the job ahead but think I may have a little fun if I can find a rear body for it so I can get it through an MOT.
I have had some good suggestions already and the vibe on the forum is very good..

Hi Dave.

Glad you're getting sorted, the guys in the club are very helpful!
What needs done to get it trough MOT?

Crazy Dutchman

CD
New Body, brakes, clutch, wings,side steps, bib, roof just for starters.
I am in deep but looking forward to having a play and just getting it on the road to see how she runs.
All the best Dave

Hi Dave!:icon-smile:

Got a friend that might just be able to help?!
He has one (complete) except engine and gearbox.
Been standing for a long time but under cover and no damage.
He's been away for 8 months and should return in a week or so, will ask him what's-up with the truck and if for sale?

Keep you updated.:thumbup:
Crazy Dutchman

Back