Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Interior redesign and rebuild 2014

Olazz

Country Flag
zimbabwe
Guys, If anyone is interested, I'm doing an update on my blog (truck detail), of the redesign and rebuild of the rear of the cruiser. I will be updating it periodically over the next 6 weeks. Our next trip is planned for November, so it has to be completed before then.

If you want automatic notification of updates, then tick follow and stick in your email address.

www.derfstravels.com

Looking forward to seeing what you have planned. :thumbup:

Subscribed. :icon-wink:

Looking good Lazz, I may have to come up and see the truck in the flesh to borrow a few ideas.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'm following trust me. Can't wait to see what my next truck is going to look like.

Looking good. Can I ask where you got the material for your wardrobes?

Not sure what material you refer to Mark. The canvas, the carpet or the steel?

I'm following trust me. Can't wait to see what my next truck is going to look like.

Arf , Arf... this I think will be a keeper. CJ.. unless I find a low mileage 105 series to do!!:whistle:

Ah, got that from a local supplier in SA not in the UK.

I thought your truck was one of the best prepped I'd ever seen Lazz, so I'm very keen to see how the improvements pan out.

Mine isn't prepped for overland, I just go offroad occasionally, so I'm merely an interested spectator. The work you do is stunning, a very good eye for detail, I'm sure it will pay dividends in the future. :icon-biggrin:

Thanks Clive,

I'm keen to see if I've got it right at last, or if it will always just be a compromise. The problem is that there is always more that could be done to improve things within the envelope of the 80series design.

I know I've gone way,way past the point of no return and the total costs are not worth thinking about.

My only consolation is that I will have a bespoke and unique vehicle, that I hope will work for us as a comfortable over landing truck.

Let's wait and see how it performs on our next big trip in December!

Looking good Lazz, although so did it in the last build. Must take some doing to decide to rip it all out and start again. Would have almost been easier to sell Derf and start a 105......

Thanks Clive,

I'm keen to see if I've got it right at last, or if it will always just be a compromise. The problem is that there is always more that could be done to improve things within the envelope of the 80series design.

I know I've gone way,way past the point of no return and the total costs are not worth thinking about.

My only consolation is that I will have a bespoke and unique vehicle, that I hope will work for us as a comfortable over landing truck.

Let's wait and see how it performs on our next big trip in December!

It will never be right:icon-wink:

There will always be another mod just around the corner:thumbup:

TonyPWould have almost been easier to sell Derf and start a 105......[/QUOTE said:
Yep TP, thought long and hard about that for sure and nearly did just that. Painful though it is, I think I made the right decision keeping the 80 and rebuilding it.

Can you please post some closer picture of the drawer runners. You boot layout looks very similar to what i have been thinking but the drawers are to be modular so i can take out as required.
Cheers stu

Real nice.

Noticed at the end you mentioned "anti tamper bolts" for the winch bumper, do you have any pics of these? Want some for my bumper once its fitted.

Can you please post some closer picture of the drawer runners. You boot layout looks very similar to what i have been thinking but the drawers are to be modular so i can take out as required.
Cheers stu

IMG-20141027-WA001.jpg

is that what you need Stu.

Back