Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fold In Side-Step For Disabled Passenger - Can You Get One ?

dvines

Country Flag
uk
Hi All,

I am considering buying a Landcruiser as it is a vehicle that meats most of my needs the best, however I sometimes need to take my disabled mother with me.

She has had a knee and hip replacement on the same side, neither of which function that well, and is also quite overweight.

I have seen that you normally get side-steps on these vehicles I am wondering if one can get a fold-down extra low step like I have seen some motorhomes have that would improve the accessibility ?

I dont particualrly want to buy one of these and find I have difficulty getting her in the vehicle. Are there any other extra accessories that might help that you can buy..?

I have been looking at Colorados or possibly an earlier 80 series.

My sister used to have a Colorado so I know what great vehicles they are.... its just this issue thats stopping me plnging in and getting one.

Cheers

David

I know what sort of thing you are talking about - but, wouldnt a small step be better? (like a caravan step of fold up plastic kitchen type step?) Wouldnt have to be on the car all the time, and you could keep it in the boot - the doors are not that big (rear) on the colly,& I am a fat git, and have no problems

Back