Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LC100 series Sahara 2007 - VSC/TRC & VSC/OFF lights

MikeW1

Country Flag
australia
Hi All.

I'm Mike, new to the LC owners club. Just got an 07 LC100 Sahara about two weeks ago. All well until the weekend when the brake warning light, ABS light, VSC/TRC and VSC/OFF, and VGRS lights came on, buzzer going mad, all sorts of nonsense. This all occurred a few hours after washing the vehicle, not sure if that might have had something to do with it ? Now, the VGRS light remains on for a while but goes off after about 15min of driving, but the VSC/TRC and VSC/OFF lights remain on all the time.......

Any thoughts/ideas to remedy this would be great.

Cheers
Mike:icon-evil:

The ABS, Brake Warning light and buzzer indicate that your brake servo motor isn't working - you will probably find that you have very little in the way of brakes when these are showing (though it seems that these are now OK).

There was a long-running thread on here recently about the VSC/TRC, VSC/OFF & VGRS lights - have a search, I think the OP got it resolved eventually (I don't have those functions so don't know much about them).

I'll have a look as well.

It sounds as though water got in somewhere :icon-rolleyes:.

Bob.

Hi Bob.

Thanks for your reply. Ye, ABS and brake warning light no longer and issue, all seem to be working fine. Taking it in to Toyota tomorrow , we'll see what they have to say about it. Will post their response....

Cheers
Mike

Thanks Bob. Van is at Toyota now, should get it back tomorrow. Apparently water had gotten into a control unit in the engine compartment, somewhere at the firewall right hand side ? Will find out all the detail when I go in to collect. Will post findings.

Thanks Bob. Van is at Toyota now, should get it back tomorrow. Apparently water had gotten into a control unit in the engine compartment, somewhere at the firewall right hand side ? Will find out all the detail when I go in to collect. Will post findings.
Water in the Engine ECU, or on the plugs, is typical of a windscreen leak, normally after changing the windscreen. The LC100 windscreen is a bit more tricky to do than many other cars'.
The E-ECU is under the dash, straight under the edge of the windscreen.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back