Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Help needed

Craigmorley

Country Flag
uk
Right well went offroading In my truck on Sunday and went through a lot of deep water/mud mix just before I left, all warning lights came up on the dash.

thought ok maybe something got wet it'll be ok once dried out.

the next day the lights were still on and noticed the volt meter was reading low as windows and window wipers were quite slow compared to normal any way got both batteries tested and they are both fine just a tad low. When I left work in rain on Monday night (had head lights window wipers and heater on) I stopped to get diesel and when I tried to start it battery was flat????

Am am I right in thinking this could mean I need new alternator? Or could it be something else????

thanks

You should be able to buy some new brushes to fit into the alternator, had the same thing happen to my hilux, chucked some brushes in it and was good as new

Right just got alternator brand new but it's got an oval plug and mine has a round plug is that a normal thing to happen??? Lol they don't do an alternator with a round plug aparantly?? What do I do now?? Source a plug to fit? Or send alternator back and source one with a round plug?? Thanks

Right I was looking but got a little impatient so took then old one apart and also the new one then changed rectifier and plug over. Now I just need get a new set of brushes for the old one along with rectifier and plug then I'll have a spare then.. Job done next job is broken f/l brake pipe cheers

Back