Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Water sloshing about noise

cmcmill01

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Folks, for the last few weeks or maybe longer a water sloshing about noise is getting louder and louder. First thought it must be the fuel tank, but it obviously isn't!!!
Seems to be coming from along the passenger side under the floor, any ideas on what it could be??
Cheers
Craig

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also have a sunroof, just to complete the picture

Water in the sills, slide under and you will see some rubber bungs that let it drain out if you pull them out

There are some small slots in the joint line that become blocked over time. I use a cable tie to clear them out ☺

e233a48731affe6488e128e74a8c2cff.jpg
ea8de5b42e926eb72f077e0b14c3a2c8.jpg

Checked 3 of the down hoses, they look clear, which of these bungs is the one to pull? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
0044536d5bdc0f3f845d0b54c6c3b0d6.jpg

Car is having a piss!!! Found it cheers

Result ;)

I leave my front most a rear most ones out all the time but I don't go wading. Then when it is really hot and dry I empty a whole large can of WD40 into the sills. Access through the drain holes and also via the holes for the rear door switch/light.

Cheers for the info folks, was missing one of the large bungs from the inside of the sill, guess that is where the water is coming from.

Folks anybody know the part codes are for these bungs/plugs???they are under each side sill.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422285812.255289.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1422285825.953269.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1422285841.507841.jpg
Cheers
Craig

Hi I'm new on here (but previously spoken to Karl regarding a winch bumper). You could measure the diameter and visit your local electrical wholesaler and ask for 'blind grommets'. These come in 20mm size which I have used for the lower ones, 25,32,40,50,63mm so get the nearest next size up and they should fit with a bit of persuasion if close enough. I am pretty sure the drain ones are 20mm. Otherwise it's Toyota for much more than the pennies at the wholesalers.

Good luck with it.
Richard

I too leave mine out, need to do the 'waxoyl' spray inside.

regards

Dave

The more airflow the better IMHO. I inject clean oil in my sills and chassis boxes from time to time, normally when it's dry in the summer.

Seems to work ok. Who knows till it's too late :lol:

Ok seems like the view is to leave them out, probably best to remove a few to allow for air to pass through

IMO clean engine oil is better than Waxoil as there will be rust already. Engine oil does not dry out and will creep again and again when the car is in hot weather. Waxoil is best on new metal. On even slight rust water creeps under the dried out Waxoil when the solvent is gone and makes matters worse as the trapped water cannot dry out. Plenty of other similar views on other forums and I experienced this problem with Waxoil in the 70's.

IMO clean engine oil is better than Waxoil as there will be rust already. Engine oil does not dry out and will creep again and again when the car is in hot weather. Waxoil is best on new metal. On even slight rust water creeps under the dried out Waxoil when the solvent is gone and makes matters worse as the trapped water cannot dry out. Plenty of other similar views on other forums and I experienced this problem with Waxoil in the 70's.

With you all the way on this one Frank, inside a box, sill and door skins, oil is my favoured tipple. :lol:

I've also heard of old engine oil being used in box sections. If you thin it slightly with white spirit it can be sprayed quite easily. A bit messy at first but penetrates well.

Back