Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Chris's turn.

frank rabbets

Guru
I think it's Chris's turn to take something to pieces as the80 thread is a bit boring at the mo. :icon-biggrin:.

Busy mate. Just busy busy. I could have posted my reassembly of the Foxwing I destroyed the first time I opened it at Lincomb .... But I didn't take pictures. Had to buy new poles and have the seams re stitched. Grrrr.

Off up to Scotland again tonight to complete the 4x4trexgalloewway safari that I started earlier in the year. Only got back on Sunday and off again!

ordered a James Baroud RTT but that's not coming in time. So really nothing to tell you.

Once a certain Landcruiser prep company finally gets its finger out and gets my Slinky springs ordered there will be something to show. You all think you've been waiting ages to get your tailgate decks from me - hah that's nothing. I have been waiting best part of a year to ORDER my springs. I might go EFS and get them from Chris in Oz.

We go to Scotland at the weekend too. Not for safari though.
80 staying home for this one as taking the beemer.

.... ordered a James Baroud RTT but that's not coming in time.
I looked at them but decided on a Mag Safari, what swung you down the JB route Chris?

Once a certain Landcruiser prep company finally gets its finger out and gets my Slinky springs ordered there will be something to show. You all think you've been waiting ages to get your tailgate decks from me - hah that's nothing. I have been waiting best part of a year to ORDER my springs. I might go EFS and get them from Chris in Oz.
Ooooer, I'll be keeping an eye out for this instalment :thumbup:

Price. Well quality and price. Just decided I wasn't going to be robbed by BOAB. I wanted the RTT, air mesh and the awning changing room. Touching £4k and they then wanted £100 delivery. Not a sniff of a discount. Didn't have one in but offered me an alternative. Cool, but no chance of price matching the one I wanted. Went to Devon 4x4 and as usual they couldn't have been more helpful. The JB actually has some features whereas the Airtop is just a box. Plus it's a grand cheaper and free delivery. Not read anything bad at all about them anywhere. Infact quite a few comments about where they are better than the Magg. Which are still excellent, I know. But same or possibly better for less money? Hmm hard choice.

Slinkies - hope you can hold your breath Paul.

Slinkies - hope you can hold your breath Paul.

I was waiting for them as well Chris, but gave up and bought Pedders the other day. Will be fitting it all in mid-November.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Pedders seem good but they don't really have a spec close enough to what I need. Might have to go EFS

I could have posted my reassembly of the Foxwing I destroyed the first time I opened it at Lincomb .... But I didn't take pictures. Had to buy new poles and have the seams re stitched. Grrrr.
How on earth did you manage that Chris??? I need to get a new pole or straighten mine & replace the hinge pin - do you mind me asking prices for the poles please? Can you buy them singularly or is it a pack of four?

Actually, have you got a spare hinge piece going :icon-biggrin:

Cheers

I'll tell you another time Gav. Freak squall
You can buy every single part right down to the rivets
I broke the entire poles from the joints really and it wasn't worth rebuilding them
They aren't hollow, they have a spar inside them
The poles are singles and £41 each complete but if you only want one you could order just the pole and refit all the gubbins which might save you a fiver

Bummer :-(

Ours took a hit in the wind on holiday in Wales; peg popped out & that was that for the first arm :-(

Just to confirm, its the poles that fold out with the canvas that are £41 each, not the telescopic vertical ones?

Cheers

Back