Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LED fluorescent tubes

joinerman

Garage
Had some new LED tubes fitted in my w/shop today, there ok but my radio doesn't work anymore, just get interference, sparks reckons he's never come across it before.

I've got 3 LED tubes in my garage/workshop radio still working fine, would have thought Florrys would cause more interference. :think:

Last edited:
Had some new LED tubes fitted in my w/shop today, there ok but my radio doesn't work anymore, just get interference, sparks reckons he's never come across it before.
Get an updated sparkie. Many led bulbs put out too much radio interference. It's often a problem with the cheap ones, but price doesn't guarantee anything. It's the built in voltage regulator giving the trouble. On a long led bulb (tube replacement) you even have a longer antennae to radiate the inteference more efficiently into you receiver.

Get an updated sparkie. Many led bulbs put out too much radio interference. It's often a problem with the cheap ones, but price doesn't guarantee anything. It's the built in voltage regulator giving the trouble. On a long led bulb (tube replacement) you even have a longer antennae to radiate the inteference more efficiently into you receiver.

I don't know how much is 'cheap' mine were £28 per tube (Lucky bast*rd, I got them free) and they don't cause radio interference.

Back