Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear axle options? WHat am I missing?

Oilnewby

Country Flag
united_states
Hello to all,

i am am considering moving from a TJ to a 100 series land cruiser and have been doing my research as to what upgrades are best. In the TJ wrangler world the axles are one of the best things to upgrade. In addition there are endless options and companies that sell axles for a TJ

in doing my research I can only seem to find axle shaft upgrades for the front IFS and nothing for the rear.

what am I missing? I am searching for axles upgrades for 100 series LC'S and can't find anything?

Is it not needed and reforge no aftermarket support?

The rear shafts in the 100s are bloody strong and shouldn't need upgrading, 32 spline I believe

Your comparing a Landcruiser to a Jeep :laughing-rolling: , sorry i guess you can be forgiven as your from the land of stars and stripes , but just this once :eusa-naughty: . Not sure what sort of reputation the Landrover has on your side but it is a reasonable comparison for Jeeps . The LC is in a different class altogether , as the Australians say "if you want to go into the Bush take a Landrover but if you want to return home again take a Landcruiser"

No need to upgrade the rear axle in terms of strength, you may need to upgrade the drive flange studs but this is only required on extreme builds. Also you can re gear to run bigger tyres and if you don't already have a locker you can fit an ARB locker.

What else would you want to do? Plenty of suspension options available too.

No need to upgrade the rear axle in terms of strength, you may need to upgrade the drive flange studs but this is only required on extreme builds. Also you can re gear to run bigger tyres and if you don't already have a locker you can fit an ARB locker.

What else would you want to do? Plenty of suspension options available too.

No real need with the 100, its upgraded from the 80 rear axle with higher spline count on the rear shafts and has larger rear hub studs (10mm vs the 80s 8mm studs)

Back