Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

another rear light upgrade!

froggy Steve

Supporter
Country Flag
europe
Just ordered a pair of these for my 95. I am rather hoping its a plug and play jobbie! If not, will have to have a play around to wire all up. I have also ordered from the ebay, a rear fog light to mount under the tow bar somewhere central to keep the CT (mot) guys happy as the Collie only has one rear fog, on the right hand side .......no legal in France, (but hey, passed the mOT 2 years ago with it!)

Pics when they are on :)

They look nice Steve, should plug into the loom that's behind the cluster. I have everything doubled up there except indicators, I prefer the look of clear lenses. Might pop some orange bulbs in though. Those Led units are a decent price too

They look nice Steve, should plug into the loom that's behind the cluster. I have everything doubled up there except indicators, I prefer the look of clear lenses. Might pop some orange bulbs in though. Those Led units are a decent price too
Hi all,just wondering where you got your upper lights from as been wanting to do this to mine.
many thanks Shaun

Nice Buy! New modern lighting definitely improves the look of the cruiser! I've seen those fitted before and apparently quality is very good. When I bought mine which are clear lens unit, but not LED they didn't have any bulb cut outs or wiring Harness and no seal around the edge. I had to make it up myself, but for the price I paid for new units I couldn't complain too much!

Looking forward to the pics!

Bloody 'eck!
2 days and they are here - thanks Euro 4x4 :)
quality OK - plastic frames softer than orig, holes not perfect for mounting and it wasnt plug and play - needed to run a wire from the plug on l/h side to r/h side, and l/h side light units, and wire in my reverse LED. One of the reverse lamps popped, must have been a dodgy lamp, and neither the indicators or reverse lights are LED's :( - However, look really good and just need to fit the fog light when it comes - daylight pics below, night time to follow :)

20141121_121225.jpg

20141121_121115.jpg

sorry it looks really mucky!

edit: just found 2 LED lamps in my garage that are now in the reverse lights, and ordered 2 more for the indicators :)

Last edited:
Look good! I was about to say, you should get some CREE LED stuff, they look very nice in the unit and give off good light, especially for the reverse lights! Here are the one's I upgraded too
DSC04522.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The ones I bought are not Euro marked, and there is no fog light built in - however a simple central mounted fog light on bumper should be OK as far as I know. I guess it depends how fussy your man is at the MOT station?

The ones I bought are not Euro marked, and there is no fog light built in - however a simple central mounted fog light on bumper should be OK as far as I know. I guess it depends how fussy your man is at the MOT station?

Cheers, jap import so got the fog light on the bumper already, might pull the trigger on these.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi all,just wondering where you got your upper lights from as been wanting to do this to mine.
many thanks Shaun

Hi Shaun, what I did was install bulb holders into the existing upper lamp housings. 25mm holesaw, and lamp holders from the motor factors. All of the wiring is there so a very easy job.
output_zpsmhckph6h.jpg

Today I have fitted a new rear fog light, in the centre (ish) just above the tow bar. I took the supply from one of the towing electric sockets, but it was soooo corroded inside, I changed it for a new 13 pin socket, which involved cutting the old one off, re-fitting, and general farting about. I then noticed the front left tyre had a cut in it, deep enough for me to check all the others, finding a small crack in a rear tyre! These are new (ish) 5-6k Cooper discoverer S/T maxx's, with very little off road stuff (apart from the smash!), so one has been relegated to the garage, and the other as the spare on the back (I ordered 6 tyres and wheels), so the back has 2 brand new tyres and the front has nearly brand new tyres!

Hi Shaun, what I did was install bulb holders into the existing upper lamp housings. 25mm holesaw, and lamp holders from the motor factors. All of the wiring is there so a very easy job.
output_zpsmhckph6h.jpg
thanks for that Bob really appreciated that,nice looking motor there buddy,upper lights working make it look newer in my eyes,will be having a go at this.
thanks again Bob.

gloomy day here :( and no sky so cant watch 'THE' Rugby, relegated to watching & supporting SA against Wales........
So I took a photo of new rear fog light install!
20141129_152137.jpg

Well got the tyres on yesterdayimage.jpgready for the snow and green laning

Back