Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1995 FZJ 75 - Fuel System

Rumble

Country Flag
australia
Hi
Am new to this forum so please bear with the dumb questions to follow
I bought a fairly elderly FZJ75 Ute - its had a new head and it runs fine - just needs some serious tidying up which is why I bought it.
The one thing I was aware of when I checked it out was the belly plate on the second tank was very rusty
The tray needed some paint repairs and some rust fixed so as had time to kill pulled the truck out from under the tray so I could get to it easily
Am confused by the myriad of pipes and two plastic boxes that sit on top of the tank
I realize they are part of a breather system - but can anyone tell me their function, or have a drawing of the same, and why there are four breather pipes ?
Also they seem to terminate in a pipe that goes into a hole in the main chassis member. Why would they do this ???
Last question. The ute is only to be used for local work and beach stuff so don't need two tanks - so was just going to discard the second rather than replacing the totally rusted brackets and underbelly plate.
Other than the various breather pipes mentioned above, there seem to be two pipes going forward, presume one is the fuel supply and the other a return pipe
Am I OK in just blanking these off if I remove the second tank?
Thanks

Rumble

Back