Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

A Heartfelt Apology

Chris Green90

Garage
Country Flag
england
Evening all.

After speaking to a couple of members this evening I am now feeling much more confident it telling you all what has been going on for the last 4 months. I have clearly forgotten how much of a supportive group this has always been for me and now realise that had I confided in you a long time ago then things may well have been easier for me during what has been an extremely trying time in my life.

It is quite an intense story but obviously I can not go into every detail here but I am hoping to try and give you enough information to understand my absence here and what I have come to realise is a complete "bury your head in the sand approach."

Now some of you already know that I have few friends away from this forum and that fact that I turned my back on it and went into myself has really played a key part in the fact that I have handled the entire situation with all the style and grace of a rampaging Elephant.

I hope you all understand how difficult it has been for me to come out and tell you all what I am about to It is very embarrassing for me but with the support and friendly advice from 2 members on here(You guys know who you are and I am very grateful to both of you) I now feel I am ready to confide in you all. I also perfectly understand if some of you do not believe me but as I said I hope to provide you with enough information to attempt to assuage some doubts.

So now for what has happened.

Back at the beginning of August I had a knock at the door from a debt collection agency claiming that I owed in excess of £30k on a credit card that had been run up over the previous 6 months. I was totally taken aback by this (especially at 5 in the morning). After refusing to acknowledge the debt and refusing access to the bailiffs I contacted the card company who had no reason to believe that I was telling the truth in saying that I had never had a card from them and so went through their fraud procedure as well as contacting the Police.

Now had it have been a case of a cloned card or even if this was the only card that had been used then things would have been quite simple, Ring the companies fraud department and the police and leave them to sort it out. However I have been the victim of a total identity theft. Whom ever did this has lived an entire life (and then some) using my name and details.

After extensive investigations both into me and by me, I and the police have currently totalled just over £140k worth of debts racked up in my name ranging from credit cards, mobile phone contracts, utilities, Hire Purchase etc. etc.

For the first 3-4 week I was investigated as being the perpetrator in some sort of elaborate double bluff in an attempt to commit fraud by claiming the money back however this soon stopped when they Police found that several of the accounts "I" held had links to the middle east and this is when I had a marathon 10 hour interrogation due to suspected links.

I finally feel now that I am starting to come out the other side of this between myself and the Police I think we have now found all of the "debts" however we have thought that on several occasions in the past and more things have cropped up. The hole that this has created in my life has understandably left me very demotivated and after talking to people this week I now see that it has clearly made me very depressed (It is quite strange how until these things are pointed out you just can not see them for yourself.) I am sure that some of you will remember me as rather a happy go lucky cheery life of the party kinda guy but over the months this appears to have dwindled to make me very grumpy sullen and fatigued. Not like me at all I am sure some of you that have met me will agree.

I hope that explains my behaviour over the past few months and I sincerely hope that most of you can forgive me. I feel that I am very much on the road to recovery and am hoping to rectify all issues anyone has with me before Christmas but I am having to take small steps at the moment.

Shane I know you have problems but I have yet to receive your Bank details as discussed last week.

Thank you to everyone that has taken the time to read this.

Thanks
Chris

Blimey Chris, what a shocker... Hope you get yourself back soon man

OUch. Had a taste of that myself a decade back. Thoughts are with you. Stay strong.

Not good at all.

I wish you you all the best personally Chris and with the buisnes. There's lots in life that's put infront of us. We have to either get over it or go around it and leave it where it is. The aim is to try and stay strong.

Hope you you get motivated and get everything back in order.

You can turn everything back round it will just take time and a lot of effort. :thumbup:

Wow, not a nice thing to happen. Hope you get it all sorted and eventually put it behind you

Yo man.. sorry to hear of your troubles mate not a good situation to be in.

At times life throws challenges good or bad. With a positive mind and time you will recover. Good things are round the corner!

All the best from Wales :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thieving barstewards!
Hope you get everything sorted and get back to Fab'in rock sliders and stuff

Damnation that's not a good thing to have happen to you and I hope it's all behind you now Chris, best wishes getting everything back on track.

You want me to send bank details AGAIN !

ok how would you have me send them this time Chris as you don't get text's , you don't get pm's sent via the forum , you don't get emails sent via your ebay shop , you don't get voice mail or missed calls .

Chirs,
Problems yes we feel for you, but don't forget your friends.....

Wow, i hope you get back to normal life soon.

Apart from the knock at the door informing you about an unpaid debt, how else do you check if someone else is racking up cards etc?

I only ask as im always getting emails about debt solutions etc and just ignore them along with the hundreds of other emails trying to sell you stuff. but is this a sign?

Apart from the knock at the door informing you about an unpaid debt, how else do you check if someone else is racking up cards etc?

I only ask as im always getting emails about debt solutions etc and just ignore them along with the hundreds of other emails trying to sell you stuff. but is this a sign?

Normally first sign is a failed credit card application or bailiffs at the door :hand:

Is there any other way of checking what credit you have in your name and address?

Sure, send me your account details, PIN and Card number ;)

In all seriousness though, you can use people like Experian and other credit agencies. Often there is a free trial which will tell you the basics.

Sure, send me your account details, PIN and Card number ;)

In all seriousness though, you can use people like Experian and other credit agencies. Often there is a free trial which will tell you the basics.

No worries il post it all on here :icon-wink:

Dud I mention you won the lottery? My uncle in Nigeria said so

Dud I mention you won the lottery? My uncle in Nigeria said so

i always wonder if anyone actually falls for these scams.

I have just checked on experian and all my credits in order, no extras so i can carry on ignoring the debt emails.

Chris Green you can have your post back now:thumbup:

Back