Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello from Auckland, New Zealand.

stCky

Country Flag
new_zealand
Your name: Ben
Your Cruiser: 1990 80VX, 4.2 TD (1HD-T), 359kms on the clock.
Mods on your Cruiser: Aftermarket suspension, at this point unknown brand.
Plans for your Cruiser: A comfy daily driver, suitable for longer road trips and occasional towing of other cars. Some new wheels, tinted windows and then get to work on cleaning up the interior.
4x4 Experience: Nada, first truck.

Hello all,

My name is Ben, I'm 20 years old and live in Auckland, New Zealand. I'm a web developer by trade, and 2 weeks ago I bought my first cruiser! I joined the forum primarily to lurk and take in as much information as I can while I fix up the little things in my truck.

I think I picked up the truck for a very reasonable price, $6350 NZD (or
3,146.45 GBP). Woohoo for $1 auctions. The worst point of the truck definitely being the interior. Somebody has spilt a coffee across the entire base of the passenger seat and seems to have let it bake in. The center console fridge lid has cracked open and revealed the foamy inner and the gear selector surround has had some non-slip type matt stuck down and peeled back up to leave a thick, bumpy, gross layer of solvent across the enter top of the center console. It's scrubbing time! Mechanically the truck is a winner, the gearbox shifts very smoothly and the only leak I've found is the front diff pinion seal.

First on the list, after a full service and replacing all fluids, is to get all the windows working. Currently the drivers window doesn't move at all and the right-rear passenger window seems to have a mind of it's own, moving opposite to whichever way you hold the button! It looks like the casing surrounding the drivers window's controls has been messed with and come loose so will start looking there. From there I plan to tint the windows, acquire some nicer wheels and get started on cleaning the quite filthy interior.

Cheers,
Ben

Here's me truck!
front.png

Hi Ben, welcome to the forum. Good intro!

PITA the way some folks bugger up interiors, best left alone or do it properly :icon-rolleyes:

Hello Ben,I don't live too far away in Kumeu.I thought maybe that I was going to be lonely but this is a very interesting and entertaining forum.Hope you enjoy it also.Pat.

Hi Ben
Welcome the cruiser looks great.
My Brother is in christchurch Working for the earth quake angency loves NZ

good luck
Stu

Welcome to the club Ben. :icon-biggrin:

Looks like a nice 80! :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back