Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Shall i buy this ?

If it works out a little small you can always double the pull with a snatch block, bit slower but it will help the winch out.

They have a good rep from what i've read , the seller offered 8000lbs was his estimate only based on him once having a similar winch which was an honest reply at least , all i could do was compare pics with other 8000 Ramsey's and theres a fair chance thats exactly what it is .

There are a good winch shayne you will not go wrong with that.
Stu

There are a good winch shayne you will not go wrong with that.
Stu

Looks like you've got a winner there Shayne :thumbup:

Can you mount it out of sight, or will you have to tidy it up a bit? Winches are work tools and don't have to be shiny, but when they're mounted in full view on the front of a tidy looking truck, it's a shame when they look tatty.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Good winches, a mate runs a bigger one on his unimog.

I think luck was on my side with this one , it's about 5 years old and i would imagine its original owner was hoping to recover 8 or 9 vehicles a day so assuming it works it should prove reliable for my once or twice a year needs . Ramsey have been around longer than Warn and i read on a yank forum from a guy who owned this Ramsey and a new Warn (xpi9000 i think it was called) each mounted on a different trucks that he would have to flip a coin to say which is best , so that sounds promising .

I will strip , clean and paint it even though i hope to keep it hidden and have a look at the internals as i believe replacement parts are readily available .

Not sure when i will get it mounted though because i have plans for the truck that should really wait until after the Romania trip and that will mean it needs moved later :think:

Back