Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1kzte fuel pump

richtwist

Hello, can anyone help, I have this fuel pump on my Colorado, (The first pic)
and want to know if I can fit this fuel pump (the second pic),
what is the difference between them?
Mine is from a 1997 Colorado, and other is from 2000 Prado,
the fuel pumps look to share the same body just different plugs, can I swap bits from my pump to other to make it fit my engine?

thanks Richard

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 239
I have to ask why ? what are you trying to achieve ?

Well I'm no expert you understand but I would sell it , the only pump failure I can recall on here was from someone who bought a truck with a physically damaged pump fitted . Your pump has 3 filters in it and service kits can be bought but of everyone on here I think Beau is the only one who ever did it and only then because he had the engine out anyway .

I've never seen that Pump before, I'm actually kinda interested to know what exactly it came out from...

It's not the D4D lump as I know what they look like, but it's certainly something in between. The resistors aren't there and the spill control is different to a regular one. I don't really think it's worth buying unless it's going for peanuts!

Also I have a brand new 1KZT-E pump laying around, if you're interested pop me a PM!

And with regards to the filters heavily comes down to what you put in your tank, a lot of what I used was Biodiesel and it grew in my tank over the years I used it and eventually the pump got blocked too! WVO will be like this too, regular diesel is pretty clean and once you change fuel filters regular you'll save the Pump which is well worth it in the long run

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I was having engine trouble with mine, so was looking for a engine and I found a wrote off 2000 prado on eBay with the 1kzte in, I put the engine in my jeep but had to use my fuel pump and also had to use my throttle body because the prado had electric Excelerator by wire, so this is why I have this fuel pump spare,
I've made good use of the 60000 mile prado, my 1997 model is looking like a 2000 model all interior been changed, steering rack, front axel, fuel tank and fuel pipes,
Next job is rear door hinges

I want to change the steering wheel to but when I took it apart the mountings for the air bag are different, and the air bag plugs are different to, the wires are the same colour,
What I want to know is can I cut the plugs off and join the wires? can the air bag differ so much? They must operate the same right?

I wouldnt faff around with airbags.

The only time you'll find out its a problem is exactly the time you don't want to find out it wasn't such a good idea.....

Of all the bits on the prado to use, the most difference will come from using the intercooler. It will add to the bhp and potentially economy.

What's with the interior did the Prado have leather ? as the saying goes - pics or we don't believe you :icon-wink:

I bought a 2nd hand squib for my 1998 Collie because the indicator stalk was shorting out my headlights , this gave me both stalks and the airbag but when I went to fit it I found my trucks squib had a male connector and the loom a female , whereas the replacement came with a female so I ended up just swapping the stalk only . It was a while ago now and my memory of it isn't great but I'm thinking you may be able to remove the squib - change the wheel and replace the original squib back in .

Disconnect the battery completely , turn on everything electrical and have 3 cups of tea before you touch it just to be sure there is no residual charge that might be enough to fire your airbag when you start tampering .

Last edited:
Back