Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Dakar 95 Series

He says its chipped,didn't know you could do it to the 3td like mine.

Roughtrax now do a tuning box for the 1kzte Sag

Rerouted airbox from a V6 petrol perhaps? Looks like it has 3 batteries.- one where the airbox should be.

I would have thought more than Monroe shocks were needed to run the Dakar...

Its left hand drive, wouldnt the steering/servo be in the way if the airbox was the same side?

Its a nice looking truck, not sure that the mods were of sufficient quality for the dakar though?

Denmark is really expensive for cars, so £10,000 isnt actually a bad price over there.

Airbox is breathing through the snorkel so why not move it if your looking for space . Mind you its a factory made snorkel ?

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Its left hand drive, wouldnt the steering/servo be in the way if the airbox was the same side?

Correct :D never occurred to me that it was a lhd/rhd issue just checked on toyodiy and bingo the airbox is on the other side :)

imho it doesn't seem enough for a Dakar vehicle, on my first trip to the western sahara we had a defender 110 with us that was a support vehicle with a lot more done to it than this. Maybe it was support/recce

I agree, seems lightly modified and equipped for the Dakar. No mention of a winch even. The 2008 Dakar was actually cancelled and never run due to terrorism threats. Since 2009 it's been run on the South American continent.

Here is another one from frenchy ebay for 70 quids

30 hp + and 49NM tourques - might get one after my Suspension upgrade upgrade.........the list is endless!

Something else to look at,it's getting expensive this.

Be warned its addictive Sag and if you think you might get hooked take note that if I had to start again knowing now what I didn't then I would probably save a lot of time effort and money doing it in the right order .

My first purchase was tyres ...... I then had to make the truck fit them :doh:

Back