Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Dip Beam

Compact3

We all know that 80 series dip beam is not the best, but having had the failure to start problem sorted I now have no dip beam at all. Main beam only which has a tendency to wind other drivers up a bit. All other lights are fine. Where to look first? The starting fault was the starter relay and the one I bought second hand was duff as well. A new relay from Mr t is £135 +vat and two days from Belgium. There is a well know expression " Buy cheap Buy twice " I should have learnt by now.
John

The starter relay seems to be a simple 4 wire affair. I'll bet a generic relay of around 30 amp rating would be more than up to the job and £££ cheaper. When the intake heater relay on mine toasted itself and not wanting to write of the system altogether I fitted a motorcycle starter relay which is about the same size and has been more than up to the job for over 5 years now. It was around £15 instead of the £180 for the OE item.
As far as your headlight problem goes I've heard of others having issues with the headlight relay. JMO

Cheers joinerman/towpack. The vehicle was used 3 days ago at night no problem, so the last thing to check was the bulbs themselves, both duff. Hard to believe.

Cheers Towpack. The garage were quoted £145 so they fitted a 30amp relay it its place at a cost of £12.50.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back