Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Renewal time again - Chris Knott not interested in trying to retain customers.

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
Country Flag
great_britain
So the dreaded letter from Chris Knott arrived in the post letting us know the insurance is up for renewal.
A quick call to them to see if they can do anything better than the bog standard "yudda yudda" letter and they said no.

When my wife said we're shopping around and so far we have a better price from them they said fine, what's the better price and we'll try and match it. When she refused, they refused to requote saying they have to know what they're up against...

Not sure if and why I am surprised but it seems more and more companies don't care about keeping customers. I guess if the market churns enough then you lose a load and gain a load....

Well, needless to say we're now moving to Admiral. At £350 for two cars I cannot complain. :thumbup:

C

had the same with them what i did was make up a figure which was around 25% of what they quoted and they even beat that!!! so i asked them how they could do this and there was no answer. all they want is to get you in the door not keep you useless company.
Stu

So it was you who ruined it ;) They wanted to see proof of the quote from companyX. When my wife refused they got quite bland and said there is nothing they can do...

Ho hum.

Ended up with Admiral as well for the 80 series. So far so good - even covered the extras. RBS clearly trying to keep money flowing in :)

Over the last few years I have changed between Admiral and AXA and both companies are fine. Have had claims through both with no complaints. I am no longer faithful to any insurance company, I go with the lowest quote from one of the comparison sites, but stick to we'll now insurers

I moved away from CK a few years ago too - they simply couldn't match the quotes from Admiral/Direct Line etc. especially with the "multi-car" policy discounts offered. Our 3 cars are all insured fully comp (inc breakdown cover) with DL for just under £600, which is not far off the quote for just the LC from CK.......

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Guys, we're brokers so we're only ever quoting the insurer's rate at renewal. If you've had something better (and you tell us what it is) we can use that to try and negotiate a reduction with your insurer and see how much THEY want to keep you. We ourselves want to retain 100% of customers of course (we don't do too badly at around 80% retention).

If you give us the ammo we'll use it to get them to budge. It works for so many club members - as I said 80% stick with us.

Hope that helps.

I think a better tactic is to do your best, come back to the customer with your best offer. When the customer then says "sorry, I have one for £200" you have your ammo. I would be more than happy for you to fight the case.

Getting all strict about "needing ammo" does not fill us with warm and fuzzy fuz.
Don't forget that we have the same distrust in insurance companies as you have in us customers. Tactics like this cause bad tastes

Crispin

I think a better tactic is to do your best, come back to the customer with your best offer. When the customer then says "sorry, I have one for £200" you have your ammo. I would be more than happy for you to fight the case.

Getting all strict about "needing ammo" does not fill us with warm and fuzzy fuz.
Don't forget that we have the same distrust in insurance companies as you have in us customers. Tactics like this cause bad tastes

Crispin

That's exactly what's happened. We invited the insurer's renewal (which was the best offer available at that point), you said you had a better quote, we asked you what it was so we could get the insurers to respond.

I tried CK this year after I was given an excellent quote last year. Its a long story but basically I didn't take out my insurance with them at the time of the quote as I was having issues with Adrian Flux who had me over a barrel.

I vowed that when the policy was up for renewal I would turn to CK. So I rang them a few weeks ago and said get me a quote. The best they could do was over £300 more than Adrian Flux! Needless to say I walked away!

So we were cheaper than Flux last year but this year we're £300 more expensive? That doesn't sound right. What's changed in the last 12 months at your end? At our end we've become more competitive for car club members over the year, not less.

For example, have there been any claims?

Well I've just done another one of my fleet with CK, they were £70 cheaper than my renewal, no complaints, well maybe one, getting a reply on the dog.

Back