Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Seat covers

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Went to the 4x4 show last weekend and bought lots of kit, but one thing I picked up that I think is well worth posting up was the seat covers from Cover King. Bloke on the stand was clearly passionate about what they do and the covers were NOT universal which was promising. I bought a set of 80 series covers for £35. Yes, £35. Ahh well they are bound to be crap then.

I have looked at the escape gear ones and they are more than a whole kidney but nice. I have bought £50 covers before and they have fallen to bits. But these really punch above their weight. They are completely water proof (they have a set fitted on the stand full of water with a rubber duck floating in the pool. They fit really really well with a good tuck down the seat join so you aren't sitting on the join tearing the stitches. Easy to fit too. Pull them over and then there is a single elastic band with a push fit snap fastener. They are even left and right handed. There is a backing inside that stops them slithering around.

Now in 40 degrees of African sunshine you might wish they were made from linen or something, I dunno, but if you want a set of practical everyday comfortable stay put, water proof covers in grey or black for less than a Friday curry, then I can recommend these. If there was somewhere local that did embroidering, I might have them done with a logo in the headrest maybe. I have fabric seats and I haven't tried them on a leather set but as he didn't ask when I bought them I presume they fit both.

http://www.coverking.co.uk/seat.html

No I am not doing a group buy. I can't post a pic as the truck is not here at present but they are just a plain grey seat cover. What can I tell you. You can raise the headrest a bit in them, they don't get caught in the handbrake or seat buckle and most importantly they go under the front of the seat enough not to keep pulling off.

The more I think about having them embroidered ...... T logo. Romania or bust 2015

I've had these cover king covers on my truck for 6 or 7 years now, leather seats, in the snow & desert, and they have been absolutely brilliant, a bit grubby now but no falling apart at all

Andy

Do they do a rear seat cover as well? Lets hope the covers are better then the website.

Website is terrible Stu. Not sure that they do. This style is front pair only IIRC. But as you seem to be offering that group buy option I am sure that you will sort something out with them. What options will you be offering.

Are mine ready yet?

Yes they do do rear covers just bought a whole set

Aww go on Cris, group buy! Can I have a cubby in mine please! (Runs and shoots himself:lol:)

These do sound good though, and with the recent posts of testament, they obviously aren't crap. Traditionally, I detest seat covers, but these may be an exception.

I'm toying with trying to get replacement seats, but it's good to know there is an alternative available.

The logo idea is nice, maybe I should have "UK or bust" stenciled into mine, if I get some.

I was half considering driving to the UK for Lincomb in April, and double it up with my annual pilgrimage for my mother's birthday on 3 May, but it's (as you all will no doubt know by now) 2,700 kms and the travel time is just out of the question, at the moment.

Looking forward to some photos though, if you have time. :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
What was the price on a set and do they come with rear head rest covers as well?

Back