Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Help needed

Craigmorley

Country Flag
uk
My lj70 2.4 is losing water from some where causing an air lock very sort of two months or so which goes in noticed until I drive over 60mph which is when the temperature goes up to the red but not into the red. Any info on this would be great thanks kindly

Or thermostat cheap way to check is pull it out and put it in boiling water if it doesn't move replace it
used to happen to me when they give up the ghost they restrict the water flow to much

We'll I did replace thermostat in November. I'll get a new one anyway I think but I don't no where the water loss is coming from??

Sounds like the head has cracked, is a very common fault with those engines

I think I'll check and change possibilities before I worry about that then. At the worst case I'll maybe just look for an engine conversion to save all troubles... Reliabity and easiest installation?? What's ur ideas? Thanks

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
If you can get your hands on a 2.8 engine code 3l from a hilux import that will bolt straight up to your bell housing and take all the turbo bits from your engine, more reliable as well

Will it fit in with original engine mounts? Is there an engine that fits directly in lj70 bay? Thanks

Really ok then I'll try look for one see what I can find?? Also is it reliable ?? More so than the 2.4 ?

Ok thanks for your help. Also which would be the better engine to go for a 1kzt or 2.8hilux??

The hi ace engine is a 3l 2.8 non turbo engine sound like the same engine from a hilux yea??

Yep sounds like the one, once turbocharged with the bits from your engine it can easily make near the power of the 1kzt, is less prone to the head going than the 2.4 so more reliable, so I'd say go for the 2.8, 1kzt would require different bell housing and and engine mounts moving

have a turboed 2.8 on my LJ79 (lwb lj70) and it pulls really good! Pretty reliable too :)

Ok then so the 2.8 literally bolts straight in then yea I've found two so far 1kzt with all the parts inc rad deisel pump and all the other ancillaries inc delivery £750
the 2.8 3L is at 950 inc and I have to pick it up.. Bout 100 mile trip.

I'm going to go for the 1 kzt engine I think so I'll be looking st it tomorrow to hopefully buy it cnt wait !

Back