Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Here it is!

Skyeman

Country Flag
scotland
:icon-biggrin::icon-biggrin::icon-biggrin:
Amazing how these things bring a smile to your face!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 178
No way! You got snow!

It's a start!

Post again when it gets to the window sill :lol:

Snow is great, it always lightens me up. It's all gone here and I'm not expecting any more this year, but there's still plenty enough on the mountain.

A week on Sunday gone,

image.jpg

What at sort of altitude are you at on Skye, I imagine quite close to sea level?

Last edited:
Hi Clive,

yes we we are close to the sea, but about 200 m up. Doesn't usually lie for long, had a bit of a play that day which was good, but really must get some decent tyres. The Mrs says they have had more snow recently, and there was quite a bit inland. I'm away at the moment which is Sod's law, but back next week so fingers crossed. Used to have a 100 with lpg and we spent quite a bit of time in CZ which was great fun with all the snow out there. Only had this 150 about a month so just getting the hang of it. So far so (very) good!

regards

Rick

I would guess "here it is" is more a reference to your new truck than the snow so congrats on your purchase :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Shayne,

Thanks, and yes it refers to the truck - on reflection I should have posted in 'your garage' as I'm not that new on here but wtf.

Its a good 'un. :icon-biggrin:

Rick

Do you have any plans to modify beyond more suitable tyres ?

It is a good looking truck Rick, almost a shame to mod it too much, given the condition.

I've only been to Skye once, do you get much freedom to go offroad ? I'm thinking of local by-laws and the like. I'd imagine it to be a bit of a "closed shop" sort of place.

Things are starting to be more regulated here, at one time I could drive up ski slopes and the mountains without bother, but they're starting to erect barriers now on the forestry tracks, all a consequence of EU membership I wouldn't wonder. It's got a long way to go though, thankfully. The freedom I have might last me out the rest of my days. :lol:

Sorry for late reply Clive - been offline for a while.
No plans beyond tyres at present. Tbh i'm not that into major mods, more tinkering round the edge sort of stuff. I built a shelf/storage arrangement for the back of my 100 when I first got it (nephew has furniture business so has every woodworking machine known to man - and a few more) so might do something along those lines. Then the dogs don't get to muck up anything i have in the back. Also wondering about some sort of non-slip on the plastic step into the back. The old dog finds it a bit difficult getting in - the young one just launches herself from about 3 feet away and would finish up in the drivers seat it wasn't for the dog guard!
Maybe non-slip deck paint for boats? Anyone done this, or maybe some sort of stick-on non slip covering?

Off road in Skye is rather restricted to be sure. I know one or two places to go when "no-one is around", but the "main" roads are like tracks in places anyway. Had an A6 for about a year on 35 ratio low profiles and nearly shook my teeth out with all the potholes. Truck is in Aberdeen at the moment and I'm offshore in Norway so home on Thursday and get those tyres ordered - thinking along the lines of Yoko Geolandars AT. As always, a compromise between price, availability, quality.

I'd better better post elsewhere who I get tyres & re step etc - in danger of going of topic on here

Meanwhile watching the forecast in the hope of more snow.....

Rick

That look good. I'll give it a try. Thanks Shayne.

It's good news that it will stay stock looking Rick, at least on the outside :icon-biggrin:

There's a primer that goes with it and be aware it doesn't dry like paint but rather it cures by chemical reaction to damp so paint it on and leave it outside over night and it will set like a tough rubber mat .

Back