Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

'95 series Prado for sale

wobbly

Garage
As you may have read, I've ordered a new Hi-Lux, which means that my 3.0 Prado will be sold.

Its a 1996 jap market Prado, 3.0 kzte. Its an auto, in metallic green and a 7 seater.

It has an intercooler, and the rear diff has a limited slip differential.

Mileage is approx 125,000m (altho its in km) and its as smooth as it was when new - its had an oil and filter change every 6 months which makes a big difference.

Timing belt was replaced in September 2014.

Condition - really good for a 1996 truck! Bodywork and underside are very good, no rust. Interior is cloth and cleans up very well. Rear end carpet has been taken out and replaced by a rubber load liner.

I use it daily, and I've done two trips to Portugal in it, behaved impeccably on both.

I have driven it on lots of unsurfaced tracks, but only once mudplugging, at Lincomb about 3 years ago, none since.

The reason I bought it was its modifications, it has an Ironman lift (about 2"), a 40mm body lift, and runs on 255/85r16 BFG KM2's (so 33"), this means the cills are about 600mm off the ground, and it has a raised air intake (snorkel).

The tyres are about 5 years old, covered maybe 30,000 miles but in good order with good tread, spare is brand new.

I've added a roofbar which has 4 led lamps and a cb aerial bracket which is available for a small amount extra.

I have a small spares kit prepared for overlanding, a new water pump, cv joint, wheel bearings, which will be included.

This is one of my favourite vehicles, and seeing it go will be really hard, and whoever buys it will be getting a really solid truck, there are no hidden problems and I'm not selling 'cos of any issues etc, frankly if I could justify keeping it to the wife I wouldnt be selling it.

Price - looking for a minimum of £3,000. Roofbar with leds and cb available if buyer wants them (overall cost me £300.00) for a small amount extra, but no problem if not wanted as I can transfer them to HiLux.

Pictures to follow shortly :)

Cheers

Pete

Oh yes, the bits that need fettling......

Nearside rear door doesnt open from inside. That door also lacks its plastic visor, which I suspect is in the garage somewhere, will attempt to locate.
Electric aerial doesnt work (theres a thread on here about fixing them)
Handbrake needs adjusting.

Bits I have done....

New brake discs and pads in 2013.
New back half of exhaust just replaced.
Mot'd in January. Advisory was handbrake as above.

Nice truck with good provenance on the forum; shame to see you selling Pete but good luck with the sale & the new 'lux :icon-cool:

Ive been keeping my head down hoping the missus doesnt notice its still here :)

I am intending to run it until the insurance ends ( August.....;) ).

In the meantime, if anyone is interested get in touch and we can discuss.

Hi, I am on the lookout for a truck much like this. How can I get in touch with you? I'd like to view today or Monday if the truck if your not too far away.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Pete, I can't PM you, so can you PM me or post some contact details. Would it be possible to view tommorow? I am in Bristol

Yes, sure.

Im just outside Bridgwater, about 45mins from Cribbs.

Pete

Last edited:
Well, todays been a gloomy day indeed.

One of my 4x4Response mates needs a new 4x4 for his wife, and despite me constantly pointing out how high up it is, how large it is etc, she wants it, and its due to go tomorrow.

Gutted isnt the word - I have never wanted to sell a car as little as I want to sell this one, I had almost convinced myself that Sarah had stopped noticing it !

Its going to a good home though, they arent mudpluggers - they live on the Levels and want it for its wading height......

Hmmm.

I know that feeling, had to sell mine last year to put towards the deposit to my house. On the look out for another truck now though :thumbup:

Congratulations - and commiserations in equal measure

Sad day I'm sure but the Hilux will soon fit like the same glove :thumbup:

Back