Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Greetings from Bulgaria

pegasoto

Country Flag
bulgaria
Hello,

I am Ivo from Bulgaria, I just bought my first Toyota (Land Cruiser UZJ100) and I registered here to say "Hi". First I want to apologize for my not so good English.
The car is 2002, 240000km on the clock, full service history by Toyota Poland and Prins LPG system installed since 2006. The previous owner has removed the original hydraulic suspension and replaced it with adjustable Koni Raid 90 series shocks front and back and OME coil springs and torsion bars. As these cars are not very popular in Bulgaria I have some questions as I am preparing the car for my trip to Morocco this summer.

1. Although I was told by the previous owner the gained lift is only 1 inch it seems to me the car sits quite tall. I laid under the car and found the OME springs labels - OME-860 X. Could someone help me get the exact specifications of those springs - what is the lift they provide and are they meant for additional load. The car sits now front 540mm,
rear 570mm (from center of the hub cap to the center of the fender). The car doesn't have any additions front and back except the 80 litters LPG bottle on the spare tire place.
2. With this suspension set up do I need a front differential drop kit?
3. I also noticed the front Konis are without any dust covers (I am sorry I don't know the English term for the rubber part that protects the shock absorber from collecting dust and mud). Are thy sold with the shocks and they missed to installed them in Poland or are they being sold separately? Can someone help me with a part number or with a link i could buy it from.

I am sorry for my first post being so long and greetings from snowy Bulgaria!

Welcome to the club. Someone here will help you I'm sure. The word for the dust cover is "shroud" normally plastic not rubber. This word also has other meanings BTW. If you have LPG you may wish to check you have some sort of lubrication/cooling for the valves. Again others know more than me on these two subjects and whether or not you need to drop the front diff'.

Welcome to the club Peasoto.

Fear not, your English is as good, if not better, than most on this forum, including me! :lol::clap:

Like Frank, my truck is an 80 series, so the suspension systems are very different. Someone will be along with some sensible suggestions, I'm sure.

I'm next door in Romania, which part of Bulgaria do you live?

Thanks for the warm welcome. I live in a small village outside of Sofia, clivehorridge.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I live in a small village outside of Sofia, clivehorridge.

We have a branch office in Sofia, but I never get the chance to go there...

Photos of the truck are always welcomed, BTW :whistle:

Hi Ivo, OME 860X springs are for 2" lift. The "X" stands for extra load. Thats extra 150kg front and 250kg rear. You do need front diff drop kit. In Bulgaria you can get it from this guys http://offroad24.bg/
Good luck with your Morocco trip!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks GeorgeG for the info provided.
Are you sure about the above? I am getting a little bit confused as the information varies from site to site:
( 2000-2007 ) Toyota LANDCRUISER 100 SERIES (Independent Front Suspension) - All Models
Estimated lift: 10mm
taken from ebay seller

2.5" Medium Load Kit
2 x OME2860 Rear Coil Springs
taken from slee offroad

2860 OME coils springs generally provide a 1/2 to 3 inch suspension lift, depending on the model...
taken from ARBUSA

Am I right in considering ARB 2860 is equal to OME-860 X (what I read on my springs labels)?

I am not so interested in the gained lift itself but more to understand if I really need to install the front diff drop kit if the lift I have is bigger than the normal for the CV joints. The 100 Land Cruiser is really quite rare here in Bulgaria and I don't have a stock vehicle around to compare mine to. I can feel it standing quite tall as it's difficult for me and my wife getting on & off the car.

Hi there and welcome, sounds like a nice truck.

Photos of the truck are always welcomed, BTW :whistle:

Unfortunately, I am still newbie and I am not allowed to post external links. Actually the car is just couple of days in Bulgaria now and I still have only the polish photos of the car.

My guess is you have 2" lift with the adjustable Koni Raid 90 series shocks front and back and OME springs. The Koni adjust from normal to 2" lift. The springs are 2" to 3" lift. TLC100 with 2" lift is just about when you need a diff drop kit. I would go for one. And yes, ARB=OME(same company)

Someone to comment/advice on the front Konis's 90 series dust covers (shrouds)?

Back