Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

2H injection timing anomaly

Cliffy

Country Flag
great_britain
Hello Folks

May I take the liberty of picking your brains (yet again!)?

I recently had my 2H engine rebuilt by a Toyota mechanic who's familiar with 40s. However, a problem has arisen in that whilst all the timing gears are perfectly aligned (exactly to 2H specs) the fuel pump timing cannot now be set properly for some strange reason. The link below shows that this is not an isolated incident. The second to last post in the thread below is from my mechanic seeking answers that never came!

http://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/2h-injector-timing.809020/

It seems that the only way the fuel pump can be set back in normal timing (so that both advance and retard can be adjusted) is to move the timing gears on engine along one tooth. But surely that should not be the answer???

I emailed Terrain tamer Aus with the same query and the link, and they had nothing to answer other than to say go through the gear timing again. But that is NOT the issue.

Anyway, if any of you have the answer then we'd love to hear from you!

Thanks people!

Cheers

Cliffy

BTW just to clear up a minor point (in case anyone was wondering!), when I said I had no answers from Terrain Tamer I didn't mean they ignored the issue, but I still have no solution - TT sent the manual pages but the mechanic has already set the timing exactly as in the manual. The pump has recently been restored, but the workshop insists they did that right too (of course!) - so any ideas on how the two can be out?

Thanks

Back