Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The Conqueror 440 - awesome!

MikesVX80

Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
This. Is. Awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice unfortunately a fair amount of documented issues in South Africa of the wheels falling off - literally :)

Other problems too unfortunately

Really? Such a shame, it looks like a brilliantly thought-out bit of kit!

They are - conqueror used to lead the way in as and still does to a degree. But service and maintenance issues as well as suspension and bearing faults have let them down very badly. Pity ...

I still love the Bush Lapa Miskruier though...

The design of that looks brilliant - seems like they have thought of everything, including the wife that has 3 large suitcases worth of luggage!

Shame that the execution might be letting them down.

What puts me off these is imagining a deep pothole on one side of a narrow lane and sort of walled in by hedge or trees . My truck having four wheels will drop a wheel while remaining reasonably level but when the trailer wheel drops into it the top edge is gonna be thrown out maybe 3ft . That's gotta hurt !

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
What puts me off these is imagining a deep pothole on one side of a narrow lane and sort of walled in by hedge or trees . My truck having four wheels will drop a wheel while remaining reasonably level but when the trailer wheel drops into it the top edge is gonna be thrown out maybe 3ft . That's gotta hurt !

Remember the trailer has independent suspension, so to throw the top out by 3ft that would have to be some pothole - more like a ditch! :icon-wink:

Great design. Shame they have had problems. No doubt they WILL resolve them.

Everything has pros and cons. The two pros that spring Immediately to mind are that once you've got the trailer set up, say at a camp site or even out on a trail, you can detach the vehicle from it to fetch supplies for example. The other is that you don't have to convert a perfectly good vehicle into a permanent 2 seat overland camper.

As a preference however, having the tent high up on the roof has its advantages, and I'm only assuming here, that it rules out disturbance by most animals during the night. Whether or not this happens is something others will no doubt know better than me.

Back