Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wanted: Cruiser gx or vx 99/00-02 - 3.0 td or d4d

godzilla

Country Flag
scotland
Hi Guys,

I guess a few of you know from my thread, I am after a LC 5door truck, will be my first one, some great advice to date

Narrowed it down to this (seems huge)

revised Y onwards with the D4D engine onwards

00-02(wife wants 51/52) plates
3.0TD or D4D (but, D4D would be first choice)
GX or VX
Good SH to FSH (I know, mixture out there)
not green - wife said no to that!
Ideally 100-130K (guess not many low miler out there)

Will pay cash for the right model

Cheers guys
ps - hope I have dont this AD within the rules, any probs, just let me know
pss wife getting a say as it will be used for family (2 kids, wife and bags) too!

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of two tone colours but think the green looks good when its solid . You can pop the grey bits off very easily and have them painted to match , pro paint shop charged me about 200 quid . Ask the Mrs to have a look at this and see if it changes her opinion .

toyota-land-cruiser-colorado-suv-3-4-gx-5dr-4wd-e8db0e8b2c5aa82e3a1dd36cfbc2e582-640x480.jpg

I thought that too, green looks ok, but she thinks its a unlikely colour!

I thought green with window tints would be ok.

Will show her the pic and see if tints make it lucky!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Nice to have a 'bit' of silver, but really chaps, reds the best ;)
20141003_163842.jpg
It 'used' to be a W reg, last of the pre D4D's

This one looks like it might be worth a viewing.......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/toyota-la...1-y-reg-/221728585055?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

A 2001 "Y" 3.0 D4D, with FSH and looks very tidy. No idea on mileage but even if it is quite high, if the condition and all else is good certainly worth a look and a test drive.

Saw that one but 200K is a bit much, wont mind a wee bit lower than that and get it to 200K myself,

Wife's decided that we should get a VX!

Creature comforts ruling the car too!

Might need to change all my threads again!

You're probably not going to find a truck that ticks all the boxes for every member of your family and yourself. Unless you have forever of course...... :icon-wink:

Bear in mind that the youngest Colorado is going to be 12 years+ and they weren't exactly common to start with......so when looking for a low mileage VX, in the right colour and in good condition and with FSH, statistics are exactly on your side. :(

Good Luck with your search :thumbup:

It's sold already or the ad expired ? but i hope you noticed it was a Prado import rather than a UK Colorado . Imports have an intercooler and a bit more power but usually come without a rear difflock which wouldn't matter to you as its intended to be a family car . The other compromise is service history on imports can be hazy but they do tend to show lower mileage than UK cars .

cheers guys,

looks like a tough one and you are right, there is not much that pops up and if it does, its not ticking all the boxes.

But to narrow things down I am going to aim towards the VX model, even after looking at the FX from another member on here, really nice truck, I was outvoted 3 to 1 on that.

So sadly going to decline that one later today.

so this is it

VX
00-02
Y reg onwards
D4D
colour not fussed (but not green).

Missed out on a nice W reg one this morning, but would never of made it today to see it in any case

Keeping my eyes and ears open on them and hitting the bay/gumt/auto sites

If anyone else knows some other sites to check, very grateful for names and of course on here

Anyone work out whats happening here?

bay item sold - 321711690091
then reappears as
bay item - 331519121501

The "4x4 sales" dealer probably picked it up from the original seller at £2k, then decides to put it up for £3k - and will likely get a buyer within a couple of £100 of that too.

If the first dealer had asked £2.5k, then IMHO there would have been no money in it for the 2nd guy...........

Anyway, I thought you're looking for a LWB D4D ? :whistle:

The "4x4 sales" dealer probably picked it up from the original seller at £2k, then decides to put it up for £3k - and will likely get a buyer within a couple of £100 of that too.

If the first dealer had asked £2.5k, then IMHO there would have been no money in it for the 2nd guy...........

Anyway, I thought you're looking for a LWB D4D ? :whistle:

defo going for a lwb, but thought the above was mad as the auction pages were right next to each other

Still looking for the lwb, a few gx have appeared, but going to hold out for VX at the moment see what happens

Back