Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1kz-t questions

Craigmorley

Country Flag
uk
Ok few maybe silly questions...

Fuel pump tweak how and where???

does the motor do same speed ish as the 2.4?

How do you adjust boost on turbo

and nah other tips maybe to increase the power alittle?

You want to consider a few things before you up the fuel on these motors.

More fuel requires... more air flow.. 2.4 airbox possibly wount be big enough.

To have a less restrictive exhaust system. .. all to do with free flow in and out.
If you open the pump too far.. be aware that the exhaust gas temps will rise and can lead to a cracked head. I'd open the pump enough so that you get a bit of a puff of black smoke.. excessive black smoke will be raising temps. Etc. It will go like shit off a shovel but only for a limited time. My one with the pump wound out would easily do well over 100mph quickly!

Also make sure your viscose fan is in top condition and your radiator is big enough!

Experience tells!!:thumbup:

Ok so how do I up a little how many turns and what part do it do it with? A pic maybe with arrow?

Radiator all brand new along with matrix and all cooling parts ect .

Sounds good! ..

I don't have a pic but have just found similar on the web
img0201as.jpg
See the screw by the white label on the box just below the fuel banjo and pipe?
It will have a flat head screw driver slot in it and a lock nut by the body of the pump. Thats the puppy!:dance:
Have the engine running and remember what adjustment s you make.. have a ring spanner on the lock nut and a good fit flat screw driver. Try to keep the screw driver stationary and undo the lock nut.
You will need to wind the screw driver in. Half a turn at first.. the tick over will raise.. so you'll need to back off the throttle arm which the accelerator cable attaches to get your tick over back to where you were.
Lock the ring spanner and give it a rev.. see how much smoke you're getting (black)... you dont want too much as I said earlier. Do half a turn then run it. You can go back and do more later..

If you're going to do adjustment s there could be wise to fit a egt guage and a boost gauge so you can monitor exactly what it is doing.. and not running too high! Do a bit of research into those!!

Hope this helps!!:thumbup:

Ok then I won't do it straight away I'll look in to it all first.
Thanks for your help very helpful cheers

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Right have a question I'm not sure about I haven't done nothing to the engine apart from put it in I'm driving it around and should the power be noticable in a big way? I'm running 33" tyres and j duno if it's just me but if I boot it it feels asif it's holding back. Have I not done something maybe? Wires not connected? Cheers

We'll after rattle my brains about the engine holding back issue I've finally Sussed it out!!!!

i was removing 4runner engine loom as nearly all not being used well all of it to be honest lol noticed a vacuum module at the back of the rocker cover. Don't no what it does but pulled pipe off then bypassed it to the return so not using that lil thing instantly noticed a massive difference and tbh I'm amazed no of how much pull and power that my lj has!!

I can can now see what all the major fuss is about regarding this engine WOW!!

We'll after rattle my brains about the engine holding back issue I've finally Sussed it out!!!!

i was removing 4runner engine loom as nearly all not being used well all of it to be honest lol noticed a vacuum module at the back of the rocker cover. Don't no what it does but pulled pipe off then bypassed it to the return so not using that lil thing instantly noticed a massive difference and tbh I'm amazed no of how much pull and power that my lj has!!

Nice one mate! I knew that you'd work it out! Enjoy :thumbup:

Thanks for ur advise with the pump mate that will be my next move after a while I think

I would appreciate a pic of what you bypassed if possible ?

thats the pcs solenoid, it controls an actuator on the pump that limits power in 1st and rev by stopping extra fuel on boost.

Thanks Mr 11 I'm very interested now , could this be the missing link in fuel delivery I've been searching for ever since I fitted an intercooler ?

Thanks Mr 11 I'm very interested now , could this be the missing link in fuel delivery I've been searching for ever since I fitted an intercooler ?

Hi shayne yeah I'll take a pic tomorrow for you at some point and send it across to u. It made so much difference straight away.

Doubt it'll make that much difference to my 90 Craig an over enthusiastic exit from a roundabout will have the front wheels spinning in 2nd gear (the lift on my truck no doubt assists this very enjoyable trait) but I do feel the fuel air mix leans out more than it should as the revs climb .

Ok no worries we'll I'll take a pic and post it for others In case lol hope it could be of use

Don't get me wrong I'm keen to see it , what I meant was I don't have a problem as such so I'm unlikely to enjoy the same kind of improvement you got with the bypass .

I may be way off the mark but I'm thinking with the intercooler I fitted and the turbo actuator mod I've done my truck has to boost more regular and at higher pressures than Mr T intended , if the solenoid tells the Ecu to limit fuel on boost it would explain why turning up the fuel feels like a part time solution .

Hi Craig i searched for the solenoid you bypassed today and found two possibilities any chance you could tell me which is what and what goes where :icon-question:

DSCF2136_zpsqpd5fh3d.jpg

To have a less restrictive exhaust system. .. all to do with free flow in and out.
If you open the pump too far.. be aware that the exhaust gas temps will rise and can lead to a cracked head. I'd open the pump enough so that you get a bit of a puff of black smoke.. excessive black smoke will be raising temps.

A healthy puff of black smoke after some minor tweaks to Rex (inc. full length 2.5" s/s exhaust <-mucho recommended) many moons ago:

Hi Craig i searched for the solenoid you bypassed today and found two possibilities any chance you could tell me which is what and what goes where :icon-question:

DSCF2136_zpsqpd5fh3d.jpg

yea I'll post apic tomorrow for u to see it's just basically bypassing that solenoid that the two pipes go to (the one with the plug)

Back