Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hardly a greenlaning "trip" but....

MikesVX80

Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
....was driving home today down some reasonably local roads and happened to pass a "Byway" sign I'd never noticed before, so went to take a look!

IMG_1400.JPG

Less than a mile long, at least it was more interesting than tarmac! One thing I really enjoy about the 80; see something like an unknown byway and you can confidently point it at it and drive down it without any real concern about making it to the other end! :)

IMG_1403.JPG

The only 'problem' greenlaning with the 80 is it's size. There's some byways in the Peak District that start nice and wide and look really inviting but tighten up into gaps and sharp bends that you'd never get an 80 through, well not intact at least.

Well, so far I've never had a lane where I've had to turn back, the scratches along the sides bear witness to that.
hahaha-024.gif

Yeah, it is a little on the large side! That lane was fine to be fair, there's another one near me that's got a very tight turn and then gets very narrow further on, so may give that a miss!

That's why I had mine wrapped after the re-spray. Lots of dog rose and other scratch stuff on my lane. In the spring, I'll get the cutters out and spend a weekend getting most of the worst bits cut back.

First thing to go will be the plastic wheel arch flares. Virtually every time I go out on the local byways, RUP's and UCR's I'll come across bits of plastic bodywork and mud flaps etc. No such problems on the Husaberg of course, providing I don't fall of it!

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'm going to Wales for 3 days laning at the weekend so we will see how we get on with the 80 for the 1st time

Good luck CWC! Take plenty of pics :)

By the way, anyone know why my pics are on their side? They were take on an iPhone but were showing in the correct orientation on my laptop!

I'm going to Wales for 3 days laning at the weekend so we will see how we get on with the 80 for the 1st time

80 will love Wales. I'm missing out on this year's trip which is in 3 weeks for 5 days :icon-cry:

80 will love Wales. I'm missing out on this year's trip which is in 3 weeks for 5 days :icon-cry:

Yeah Wales tends to be pretty wide open lanes generally, I've taken a Range Rover Sport and LR Discovery greenlaning there with no issues!

Good luck CWC! Take plenty of pics :)

By the way, anyone know why my pics are on their side? They were take on an iPhone but were showing in the correct orientation on my laptop!

it seems it's anyone's guess Mike, my recent uploads were all taken on an iPhone 5 using all combinations of the camera rotation. I then posed from my old iPad 3 and they all came out the right way up.

It it baffles me why there a variations on this, but they "just do" is my only answer, not being IT minded or adept :lol:

Back