Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My new inter cooler 80 series

mettisse

Supporter
I thought you might like my inter cooler, hope the pics show it well, I've had it about a year now, I'm very pleased with it, good pick up and it feels very nice towing, the "Turbo" bridge is a strengthening brace, looks good eh? No, I didn't fabricate it, a very good friend did all the work, he's made a lovely job, eh? I'm very pleased with it overall. I included the pics he took to show the construction of the pipe work, the oil cooler for the auto transmission sits behind the ' cooler, out of site on the pics, so the cooler, the oil cooler and air con rad fit ilike a cassette system, easy to get to, and very secure. best regards to all, Bill Westley

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Hi Bill, I'm liking that a lot including the brace and the detailing. I have one of those cooler rads and have been deliberating the best way to fit it. After looking at a few pics on Google, I can honestly say your set up looks the finest I have seen. The only thing I might consider is painting the cooler black to be a bit less obvious.

A couple of questions if I may:-

What size pipe work is that and what size is the cooler?
Also it looks like the holes below the headlights have been used to bring the pipes through, is this correct?

And finally, any chance of some photos 'downwards' either side of the fan cowling to give an idea on pipe work there?

I can see this project being completed on mine much sooner now, just After the BEBs.

Thanks in advance
Richard

Last edited:
Hi Bill. I recognise that cooler. Are you the guy that had the leather off me then ?

Hi Bill. I recognise that cooler. Are you the guy that had the leather off me then ?
No sir, up to now we haven't had the pleasure of a trade, but I'm sure we may in the future! I'm in the process of some more tweaks and if all goes well I have a lovely pair of leather front seats from a Volvo circa 2001 to go in.

No sir, up to now we haven't had the pleasure of a trade, but I'm sure we may in the future! I'm in the process of some more tweaks and if all goes well I have a lovely pair of leather front seats from a Volvo circa 2001 to go in.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Scott's done the cooler tho? Not many who make a job like that.

Scott's done the cooler tho? Not many who make a job like that.
No prizes for the correct answer , he should have his his name changed to Merlin, he is an absolute wizard, and thoroughly nice guy to boot,

Hi Bill, I'm liking that a lot including the brace and the detailing. I have one of those cooler rads and have been deliberating the best way to fit it. After looking at a few pics on Google, I can honestly say your set up looks the finest I have seen. The only thing I might consider is painting the cooler black to be a bit less obvious.

A couple of questions if I may:-

What size pipe work is that and what size is the cooler?
Also it looks like the holes below the headlights have been used to bring the pipes through, is this correct?

And finally, any chance of some photos 'downwards' either side of the fan cowling to give an idea on pipe work there?

I can see this project being completed on mine much sooner now, just After the BEBs.

Thanks in advance
Richard
Hello, I will take piccies and measurements as soon as I get the car back at the end of April,at the moment it is away for some body repairs and engine refinements, so I can't help now but I will, would you kindly remind me at the end of the month, I think you will particularly like the way all the rads fit, looks like OME, best regards, Bill Westley

Thanks Bill, I'll try and remind you. It looks a superb job already from what I've seen. It's the little things like you describe that really make the difference IMO. It gives confidence in the state of the rest of the vehicle.

It looks almost exactly how I've finally decided to do mine. It's really useful to confirm that what I have planned to do in theory, is actually possible in the real world.

Best wishes Richard.

Last edited:
That's probably one of the cleanest installs I have seen, excellent work!

That's probably one of the cleanest installs I have seen, excellent work!
Thank you, but I claim no credit for the intallation, none was my work, it was my good friend who derserves the praise. I have some other interesting mods that I will post when I get the truck back, the winch front bumper etc, but the car has nearly 300k miles now and does need attention to the body and refining on the fuel pump and engine which is being seen to, it's like Triggers broom really, I could bore you to sleep with what's been replaced, but after 10 years I stillove it, best regards, Bill Westley

Hi Bill,

i'm looking at installing a FMIC aswell, have you had the time to take a couple of pictures?

cheers
Chris

Hello, do you know I totally forgot to!! My apoligies, I'll try to do some next week when I get the truck back, not a lot to take pictures of really. I'll do my best. Best regards, Billy

Back