Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

100 series diesel wont start.

collector_and_buyer

Country Flag
australia
Hello all,i am a new member and have a problem that i hope somebody knows the answer to.My 100 series diesel cruiser has just started doing this.It runs perfectly,but sometimes when i go to start it,it wont start.This can be even after being off for only a few minutes.There is no fuel in the filter and when i try to manually pump it up,it takes forever.When running,the supply of diesel to the injectors is strong.I have checked the cap and it is not blocked and the filter is not that old.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Dale.

Thankyou for your reply.I have not left the cap off,as this problem can happen anytime after i have been driving,regardless whether it is 10 kilometres or 100 kilometres.The filter is approx 5000k old.I chang my filtwer every 10000k.Thanks.

Might be worth checking your fuel lines are ok. They may have a hairline crack. Also if it happens again open your fuel cap just in case you have a faulty breather for your tank. Has this only started to happen after a recent fill up? Maybe Algae in your tank and gets picked up and caused a partial blockage.:think:

Sounds like a leak somewhere, letting air in / loosing pressure. First thing to check would be the filter and the water drain-cock. Check if the drain is tightened. Then take off the filter and check the seals.

Back