Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Vacuum food sealer

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
This arrived today. Would have been yesterday but Yodel are so shite they don't know what day it is.

Looked at several and this one came out very well on a wilderness forum You Toob review.

I just like the idea of portioning up boll sauce, curry etc etc for trips. There's some cracking stuff in tins. I have some really good Rendang and Jerk Chicken form Tesco last week, but tins are a pain. They stack, but they don't tessellate well. Plus you have the cans to deal with.

Dead easy to use

Screen Shot 2015-04-15 at 22.12.43.jpg

Open the lid, pull out some film. Use the cutter to make the size you want. Place one open end in the machine and seal

Screen Shot 2015-04-15 at 22.13.21.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-04-15 at 22.13.34.jpg

Fill the bag with yumminess then put back in the machine and press vac / seal and seconds you have tinned breakfast no longer in an awkward shaped tin that you can simply boil in the bag, cut and eat.

Screen Shot 2015-04-15 at 22.13.06.jpg

They're very tough bags. You can use them to seal stuff like first aid kit. Spares, handful of grease. Even water for emergency drinking in your back pack. Marinating apparently takes no time at all as the flavours are drawn into the meat. They keep food edible for something like 6 times longer than just bagged stuff. They stop freezer burn too. I appreciate the volume of a can is the same as the volume of a bag, but it's an easier less wasteful shape. You can also use the bags again!

I like it.

Good move - very versatile gizmos. And always finding another use for it

I've been looking to get one of these Chris, have you got a linky for that one?

EDIT

Never mind Chris, I've just found it on Amazon.

Last edited:
Yeah big clue on the front of the unit really. Andrew James. There is a You Tube clip as well of it in use but you don't need to see that really. It's dead easy to use. You can seal without vacuum too, really easy to make up packets of nuts and bolts. Great for breaking down larger packs of stuff into individual portions. I keep thinking of new ways to use it all the time. It's a bit like a laminater.

Chas, try fleabay they are up to £15.00 cheaper than Amazon....

Look the same price to me for that model. I can see one 3 quid cheaper. But not anything better. Still £3 is £3. If you can find one the same for a good bit less then it's a bargain. Get it bought. There is one for auction at the second. Worth s cheeky last minute bid for sure.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Incidentally, breakfast cook very quickly in there this morning. Must be like a mini pressure cooker effect. No mess, no fuss. And a re usable bag.

If you take it with you another use would be to vacuum seal all your scabby undercrackers and socks, keeping those fetid stenches in check :D

Chas, try fleabay they are up to £15.00 cheaper than Amazon....

The cheapest there at the moment is £37 BIN, £3 cheaper.

Last edited:
There is one for auction at the second. Worth s cheeky last minute bid for sure.

I've got my eye on an eBay one at the moment, it's at £25 so far but £5.50 P&P so not a lot cheaper and the bids may go up anyway.

If you take it with you another use would be to vacuum seal all your scabby undercrackers and socks, keeping those fetid stenches in check :D

Sorry Mark, you lost me there. Eh?

I generally go there and back in the same pair of socks and pants. Are you suggesting that you take TWO pairs?

sorry I didn't realise you were a motorcyclist :)

Back