Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wheel arch seals

Umar

Country Flag
uk
Hello everyone,

have any of you replaced the factory wheel arch seals? I'm thinking of replacing them on my collie as they seemed to have turned to plastic.

You mean that bit of draft excluder between the arch flare and the body ?

Think Toyota charged me about 30 quid each for them :icon-cry:

wait a minute they are plastic ????

Last edited:
good question. i have seen a few special builds with flared arches which have a black seal around the arch.

we used to have a 53 plated 280 vx hilux with these black seals. maybe they are the same?

thought the LC arch seals were plastic. i remember glueing mine back on. the hilux one were more flexible, almost a rubbery consistance. maybe this is why they were never painted and the LC ones were.?

Last edited:
Is it because your painting the lower half black Umar ? If so you won't get black trim gaskets (what Mr T called them iirc) just spray the ones you've got with latex paint from a rattle can .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I might baint the bottom half of mine black to match the top! they look much better IMO

Is it because your painting the lower half black Umar ? If so you won't get black trim gaskets (what Mr T called them iirc) just spray the ones you've got with latex paint from a rattle can .

Yeah just thinking ahead Shayne if I do paint the bottom half the seals will also need to be in black, was looking at the types used on minis etc but the finish is not very oem

Just sat down and signed in to see this :doh:I forgot to take that bonnet guard down the post office again :oops:

Just warm the seals and peel them away gently , even if you get new ones they do go brittle very quickly , I had to buy 2 for the front because I lost them on the motorway after having them off for painting . Once there off give them a light rub with a very mild abrasive then give them a coat of latex paint which is more or less rubber , it's quite tough stuff to because I removed all mine again and glued them in with uni-bond 100% adhesive sealant dipping my finger in turps to sort of smooth it away . Took quite some rubbing using turps again to clean up after it dried but it didn't affect the latex paint .

If you take all the plastics to them a pro paint shop will probably only charge you about a hundred quid and you might spend that on rattle cans . You might want to order some clips for refitting as they will be brittle and your almost certain to break a few , search the forum for "botch of the day" and you will find the part number .

Back