Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Where to get carrier bracket slider pin rubber inserts?

MisterCruiser

Country Flag
ireland
The rear brakes on the cruiser need servicing, but the rubber boots that are fitted into the carrier brackets are worn and twisted, can these be bought separately from a Toyota dealer or has anyone here managed to get them from a motor factors or online? The brake accessory fitting kits I see the motor factors can get only have the pad fitting shim brackets and retaining pins, etc.. None seem to have the rubber boots.

If anyone knows of a source for these please share it with me :icon-biggrin:

Also try Big Redd on ebay. We've bought loads of those and they've been fine.

Cheers, just looked for Bigg red kits there, its £32 plus postage, about €50-55. Expensive enough, i wonder do Toyota dealers sell them separately for like a few Euros, dont rally need the entire kits, just them slider boots.

Yes, contrary to very popular belief, you can buy just the boots from Toyota. I know, because I do. The 90 and the 80 are the same in fact.

Yes, contrary to very popular belief, you can buy just the boots from Toyota. I know, because I do. The 90 and the 80 are the same in fact.

Cool, Ill try Toyota then so. Just to clarify, we're talking about the same part yeah, im after the long narrow rubber insert that fits into the carrier bracket and the houses the slider pin bolt. Do you happen to remember how much they cost roughly? Cheers for the info

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yep.

And, errm no not off hand

From memory there is a long one and a short one on each rear caliper. This short one cost me £3.24 plus VAT from the Toyota Dealer last September.

Attachments

• brake-boot.jpg
    brake-boot.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 118
Also found this kit at the time, but it looks as though this supplier ceased trading in December 2014. Maybe available elsewhere I guess.

Attachments

• brake-kit.jpg
    brake-kit.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 91
@MODVRS - Yeah there is a short and a long one. Thanks very much for the part number.

Back