Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Waeco stuff

stumog

Country Flag
england
I have a CF50 that i would like to sell. its perfect condition few marks but goes to -18c i have both 240v lead plus extension and a 12v uncut lead for it. the only thing is the light inside doesnt work. looking for £350 for it.

I have another CF50 for spare it turns on but the compressor doesnt what to work? i have taken the board they say is tyhe problem out and had it componant checked which is fine. need to put 12v to the compressor to see what it does is the next stage. If the compressor works you can just wire in a external thermostat and controller from rs which is around £30 to control it. i would like £75 for that one.

I also have the waeco slider whaich is in great condition i brought from on here i think i paid £100 and would just like my money back.

only selling as need to clear space out. lots of other stuff to come soon.

I will hopeing to pop to lincomb on saturday so can deliver if needed.

Stu

First option on the working CF50 please? - will confirm later today one way or the other. Cheers

Gary, I know it's a way off but I could pick it up at Lincomb if Stu brings it up and you could collect it as you come down in Oct. Probably a back up plan rather than plan A I realise. Not sure when I am coming North again, but I will be back up to Stirling again before we go to Morocco. I'd like a bigger fridge to but the 50 isn't quite enough more. I have a 35 and a 40 now and intend to run one as a freezer. The 40 is generally enough for a family of 4 actually, but it's about organising it inside, not about having more in it. I could trade both in I guess and buy an 80 or something. But the Nat Luna ones and Engel are frankly preposterous money.

Agreed. Two units work better in my mind - you can turn one off if not needed and you can run one fridge and one freezer and you also have redundancy. I did 16 days in Botswana a while back and the fridge compressor failed on day 2 and I was stuffed. Fortunately a lot of stuff was vacuum packed but no cold anything was a real pain.

Will take you up on the collection offer thanks if I go ahead.

Hi Stu,
Is it one of the one where you can control the temp digitally or the older style?

If it's the new style (and assuming i'm not confused) can I take second dibs?

Thanks,
Grant

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
On the subject of Waecos, not the older style or the second generation digital that Grant mentions but the whole new series with the folding handles such as the CFX, I hear that there are some concerns over reliability. Waeco have always used the Danfoss pumps and now are using some new in house (probably read Chinese there) and this is not being received well. I don't have first hand evidence, but I have heard of one stockist who now doesn't sell them.

Waecos are extremely reliable and well made, if not quite as classy in plastic rather than steel, but the good thing is that there have been very few parts involved and those parts that do go are easily replaced. Most notable the PCB and temp sensor. If pumps go then there is a world of work involved in fixing those including re gassing and such.

I hope this isn't the case as the new design is pretty swish. But I'd be reluctant til I hear better to be buying say an 80 L without the original Danfoss.

Or it might all be hogwash.

C

the model is the middle aged one. its not the slidder control it has the green lights.

I can take some tonight as i dont have any on me at the moment sorry.
The panel looks like this
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlL5rk8fN2DnmQJa3HVbuiW7XAVFNQBk3JRuYgBu--sb3nIsAf.jpg

On the subject of Waecos, not the older style or the second generation digital that Grant mentions but the whole new series with the folding handles such as the CFX, I hear that there are some concerns over reliability. Waeco have always used the Danfoss pumps and now are using some new in house (probably read Chinese there) and this is not being received well. I don't have first hand evidence, but I have heard of one stockist who now doesn't sell them.

Waecos are extremely reliable and well made, if not quite as classy in plastic rather than steel, but the good thing is that there have been very few parts involved and those parts that do go are easily replaced. Most notable the PCB and temp sensor. If pumps go then there is a world of work involved in fixing those including re gassing and such.

I hope this isn't the case as the new design is pretty swish. But I'd be reluctant til I hear better to be buying say an 80 L without the original Danfoss.

Or it might all be hogwash.

C

Chris you are quite correct. We 'had' been Warranty Service Agents for Waeco for many years, along with Engel and many other brands. The Danfoss is a great little compressor, and overall the whole Waeco package was quite reliable. Then they decided to start using the Chinese Winbau compressor in certain models discreetly, and ultimately changed and use a similarly Chinese sourced/derived compressor through most models now such as the CFX models. Only a few older models continue to retain the Danfoss.
We stopped all service work thereafter. But if you have an earlier model they are quite good and economical to maintain.
Cheers. Chris

Thanks Stu. I didn't know there was a middle age option ... I just wanted to avoid slider control.

Cheers B80. It was you I had in mind but didn't want to quote you. Who would you say make the best fridge option then? Purely in your view of course. Remember that we won't be able to get OzCool or Icy-Dingo here in the UK. Minaly ARB, Waeco, Engel and National Luna.

I ordered a jacket for my CF35 from the States in the end. Just could not get one here in the UK

Difficult question to answer simply Chris because people have different priorities and requirements.
If money were no question then National Luna technically would be a strong contender for top points, but the cost may not suit everyone looking for a weekend beer chiller.
Engel to me are now bottom rung. Some people swear by them because they have been going for years, but the technology is old, less efficient and expensive to repair. Plus they weigh more than what you put in them (maybe not but they're heavy). The new ARB and Ironman4x4 plastics are a Dometic/Waeco build anyway, so between them and the original style Waeco's they generally offer good value for money and technically good with a Danfoss BD35 or 50 in the bigger models. It then just comes down to a choice of brand/dimensions/cost option.
I have 5 different older Waeco's myself, and all run fine. I've gotten onto the Bushman range here which also run Danfoss but with a great modular system to make around 5 fridges sizes out of 1. If only they'd been about earlier..... Don't think you can get them there.

I like the Icy-Dingo idea though.

sorry if we got off subject, but a secondhand Waeco is still technically a good buy, and even a non-running one is cost effective to repair.

NO problems Grant 2nd option.
Agree on the slider option is not the best.

Not really off topic Chris. I think it supports the sale of Stu's fridge. Which really was the point I was trying to develop. An old Waeco that is working is probably going to do so for some good time to come and is easy to fix if it stops - in other words, it's a good bet.

Chris... can you stop making me want to spend money I don't have... I've just spent 45mins looking for Bushman fridges! They've got a good reputation by the looks of it, and I like the modular nature of them... I walk past the fridges in the shops and always have a look but my low tech esky does the job pretty well (even with a slightly melted/distorted lid)

Its all good info to have in one pleace. I dont mind not one of these people that get all funny.....

Here is some crap pictures sorry I will give a good clean before its sold just dont have chance tonight.
DSC_0152.JPGDSC_0155.JPG

Thanks Stu - I'm out though - other priorities at the moment.

Cheers

No problems Gary.
Grant upto you now........

Back