Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My HJ61, just completed

Francesco

Country Flag
italy
Hello mates, it's my pleasure to introduce you the car I've worked on the last five months. No pictures of the working progress as I work alone and I'm unable to do two things at the same time (greasy hands and iPhone doesn't match properly). It's an exegetic restoration, all original specs but the tyre. Hope you'll enjoy:

2j4y6wn.jpg

2nio3t4.jpg

minwxw.jpg

igx315.jpg

2s67sdu.jpg

mu97cy.jpg

14ui8hv.jpg

300w5ky.jpg

That's looking very good, we'll just have to imagine the greasy hands.

Very impressive. You must have been very busy the past 5 months. Saludo!!

Wow !! Looks fantastic mate. Well done.

Very impressive. You must have been very busy the past 5 months. Saludo!!

Are you kidding? Your restoration is the mother of all the car repairs, it has been a great inspiration for holding fast in the hardest moments with those stubborn nuts, tricky Diesel pump, misaligning panels and God knows what else...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That's beautiful, looks like it's just come out of the box!

You must be / should be very proud of that truck! :clap:

And quite right too. Fabulous truck. Great colour and fantastic that you kept it original. Very well done that man.

Are you kidding? Your restoration is the mother of all the car repairs, it has been a great inspiration for holding fast in the hardest moments with those stubborn nuts, tricky Diesel pump, misaligning panels and God knows what else...

I admire your work done in 5 months. I am now on my 4th month and have not yet reached half of the restoration. I admit though I am doing a meticulous job and I hope to finish at least the paint job by May.

Really looks as good as new!! Nice pictures as well with the scenery on the back.
I'm already 20 months into my project..... and not nearly done yet :icon-wink:.

That is a stunning truck Francesco... I've always had a thing for the 60.. Congratulations on a job well done, another one saved!

Really looks as good as new!! Nice pictures as well with the scenery on the back.
I'm already 20 months into my project..... and not nearly done yet :icon-wink:.

À propos, Jente, I was wondering how far have you got to... Yours is another monsterproject

Hi that is one top job on the hj60 cruiser love the picas .Tony

À propos, Jente, I was wondering how far have you got to... Yours is another monsterproject

I'm still making progress in between jobs. Spent quit a bit of time abroad for work. Chassis is back form the blaster, and I'm about to start painting it and putting the axles back on!
I'll put on an update with pictures soon.

wow, that looks the mutts.

I presume it's an hj61?

fabulous piece of work, do you have a piccie of what it was like before you started?

Have you got any tips on top places to find parts?

wow, that looks the mutts.
I presume it's an hj61?
fabulous piece of work, do you have a piccie of what it was like before you started?
Have you got any tips on top places to find parts?

You’re right: it’s an HJ61. I’ve got only a couple pictures of the initial state of the car, one of these is included in my introduction to the forum. During the very first part of my new “liaison amoreux” I underestimated the actual conditions of the car: as it was in awful external condition with plenty of dents and scratches, but little or no rust and the engine seemed good.
I started working on the body, discovering that in the engine bay everything was fragile and dry, with a lot of micro-leaks. Being stationary for about 20 years drove to a full range of problems.
Then began a long and painful job of dismantling, reconditioning, adjusting and reassembling. It took a long time, annoying to some extent, but incredibly educational as I’ve been forced to dismantle almost every single part.
It needed tons of washers, wires, rubber gaskets, connectors, belts etc. but only a few replacement parts and very little “cut and weld” job. Maarten at Cruiserworld has been very helpful; the Bay and a couple car wreckers did the rest, especially a guy who lives in Tuscany, who collects parts for old Land Cruisers.
I spent my budget on a few new tools: now I’m the proud owner of a calibrating pump and an ultrasonic washing machine, both for the injectors, I keep the pictures of the traps in the smartphone in order to share my enthusiasm with everybody.

If only my grandfather could see this!

Back