Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

dual battery change.

tc123

Country Flag
england
Hi, I need to replace both batteries on my amazon, which one first? is the main one on the drivers side? and can I do this one battery at a time without losing the radio code etc Thanks in Advance.........

Hi, I need to replace both batteries on my amazon, which one first? is the main one on the drivers side? and can I do this one battery at a time without losing the radio code etc Thanks in Advance.........
Welcome to the forum TC. This is the right place to hang out for all things Land Cruiser.

A bit more info on your cruiser would help in order to help you. An Amazon (which is a UK only name) could be an 80 or a 100-series, petrol or diesel. And if 80 diesel, it could be 12 volts or 24 volts start.
Put a signature line with info on your cruiser and we would all see what you refer to when posting.

This is posted in the FAQ, which doesn't seem right at this stage at least, but I'm sure someone will move it to the right forum, which could be the 80- or the 100-forum. You would find some info in one of the numerous threads on dual batteries, with different set-ups (single + spare, parallel with serial start, constant parallel).

In any case: Most likely you can change the batteries in any order you like. E.g. if they are connected in parallel (standard on HDJ100), you can swap out one at the time, in any order you like, if you want to avoid resetting the radio etc. But do change both batteries in a set if you want maximum durability.

Yep, welcome to the forum TC, recommend you posting in the introduction page, and fill in your location. There's a mine of good info here, and with good behavior, members will be more than pleased to assist with any problems you have. They're a great bunch!

after 15 posts, we need photos, they're obligatory :lol:

Back