Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

100 Series radiator grille

nathanrobo

found the answer... the grille on the 2003 onwards LC100 is deeper. If you look at the front of the older model, there is a thin body panel that runs from under the headlamps, right along the and under the grille. The grille on the later car touches the bumper with a thin panel just beneath the lights.

You should change the lambs and the lower panels as well :) ...I did that on my 2001, so it became 2007 front ....

found the answer... the grille on the 2003 onwards LC100 is deeper. If you look at the front of the older model, there is a thin body panel that runs from under the headlamps, right along the and under the grille. The grille on the later car touches the bumper with a thin panel just beneath the lights.

So does that mean the later grille fits ok without modification to the front panel ?

So does that mean the later grille fits ok without modification to the front panel ?

No, but the mod is simple! The original pre-'03 has a single front panel that goes under the lights and across the bottom of the grille - 1 piece. The later grille is longer. So when fitting the newer grille, you have to front panels left and right under the lamps, but there's no panel under the grille itself.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ok so just replace the single earlier panel with the later seperate ones under the lights. I may look at this if I get my paintwork tidied up.

Back