Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Insurance thieving b@$tards

Shayne

Guru
Helen had finally decided to insure the 90 only to be told she cannot use her no claims bonus on a second car . So her choice is to cancel the insurance on her coupe and lose a years ncb when it only has 7 weeks left to run , or she can insure the 90 without the no claims she has earned for triple the price she was quoted !

What is that other than blatant outright theft ?

Sorry to hear that Shayne, though I'm afraid that that is the way it has been - at least ever since I have insured cars (20yrs+); You can only use your NCB for one car at a time.

However, having said that, the new "Multi-car" policies might work differently - might be worth asking around?

I feel like setting the coupe on fire to even the score :icon-twisted:

Shayne - just had this exact problem on the hilux, A-Plan 'mirrored' my full ncb on the Range Rover as an introductory offer, I will be swapping my LC ncb on to it next year.

I can give you his number, really helpful guy.

Pete

Cheers Pete if you can pm the number i will try and talk Helen into phoning for an advisory chat if nothing else . Worst thing is the coupe is being sold and only needs insurance so potential buyers can test drive it . Sharing my truck for another 7 weeks is probably the best thing to do . I just find the the ncb thing disgraceful , if you don't claim what does it matter how many cars you've got ? if i own 2 and crash one can i keep my no claims on the other car .... i think not !

Sympathetic, Shayne. :icon-evil:

Years ago as a teenager, I had a lecture from an old fart of an insurance broker all about it being the driver that's insured, not the car. Next thing you hear is something like you have described, WTF is that all about, you are buying insurance off them, irrespective of the car, so what's the difference?

Thieving b@$tards, oh... you've already said that, well times 2 :thumbdown:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
You don't know the half of it Clive she wouldn't let her baby go without being sure it was in tip top condition so booked it in to a garage , shes been driving my truck for months so guess what the rear calipers on her car had gone rusty , she has just informed me new ones were fitted yesterday .

:doh:

Tell her her to take the bus :lol: (oops, I forgot Helen's a user now, on this forum, I'll end up in loads of trouble :whistle:)

Take a look at Admiral's multi car policy. We added a Smart car and put the LC and my wife's Space Star and all three came to less than we were paying for the LC and Space Star. Down side, the policies are not the same as Admiral's single car policies, which I have been on for probably 20 years and had reasonable claims experience. I don't think it covers off road use though.

As mentioned above shayne, I'd go with Admirals Multi car policy if possible. I was able to spread my no claims discount among the cars. The guy I spoke to did it so I would get a better price! Of course this only works if you have more than one years no claims bonus!

In all honesty i can't see how a multi car policy would work for us i haven't had my licence long so i'm maybe 5 months away from getting 3 years ncb and i hope a significant reduction in the exorbitant policy cost on my 90 . Helen has about 5 years ncb and the original quote she got before they found out it was for a second car was less than a third of what i pay . And the coupe shouldn't be hard to sell at all , i am tempted to take it to the main dealer who has robbed her blind over the years for parts it didn't need to see what they will offer in cash for a car they know is worth more than the book price .

01823 429779

Ask to speak to Andy - if you mention my name im sure he will be pleased......

Its A-plan.

They normally use Ageas.

I used A-plan in the past, no claims with them, but got a good price for that year (it was a difficult one as I moved from company car coverage to my own policy)

Back