Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Silly question

Cqr

Country Flag
uk
I'am thinking of swopping my freelander 2 for a land cruiser I've seen
how do I tell what model it is lol
ie 80'90 etc

If you tell us the year, the engine and if it's a long or short wheelbase, then all of your wishes* will be granted...

* wishes related to landcruiser knowledge only....

2003 3.0d-d4 auto lc5 7 seater
160,000 miles

It's got a lot off miles on the clock, how much is to much ha ha

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    863.5 KB · Views: 166
Yeah it's a 120.. it's model no would be KDJ125

155,000 miles is not high on a landcruiser... Especially a 12 year old one. If everything checks out, it could be a good one

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks so much, for replying
is the 120 good off road
I do a lot of pay and plays so would like to buy the right one first time
and yes I'am very nervous lol
the Land Rover is sooooo reliable 40mpg
It's a big decision
but the land cruisers have a very good rep
anyfeed back on the 120 for off road would be helpful
can they be lifted etc
Thanks again, ps should I look at different one

Look through the threads in the 120 section here. They're plenty capable in standard form. Add a 2 inch lift and some mud tyres and it'll go most places. It won't be the axle twister that an older 80 series would be, as it has independent front suspension, but decent all the same.

Expect around 30 mpg... And a smile on your face every time you see a freeloader on the road after you buy!

Freelander V Landcruiser :laughing-rolling: one will circumnavigate the globe and the other was built to navigate Tesco's carpark welcome aboard :thumbup:

Lol thanks, the one I looked at had a back axle not independent, is it advertised wrong ??
Off road ability is important to me/reliability

Yeah it's a 120.. it's model no would be KDJ125

155,000 miles is not high on a landcruiser... Especially a 12 year old one. If everything checks out, it could be a good one
Isnt this a kdj120 being a lwb ?

Btw, something i found out having got a lc5 is... if you intend to get offroad much then a lc3 or lc4 might be better (ie.. minus the air suspension ).

Thanks geekokent
when I looked underneath it I could see springs around a damper
so is this still air or wrongly advertised etc
sorry to be so girly over this, I really would like to upgrade to a land cruiser
just know lots about Land Rover and next to 0 about land cruiser, apart from the rep lol

Isnt this a kdj120 being a lwb ?

Btw, something i found out having got a lc5 is... if you intend to get offroad much then a lc3 or lc4 might be better (ie.. minus the air suspension ).

I'm open to correction, but usually the las digit of the model number is for the wheelbase. On the lighter landcruiser models it has mostly been 0 and 5. For example a KDJ90 is swb and my KDJ95 is lwb.. so the same should be true of a 120

The 70 came in a variety of wheelbase lenghts, hence 78 etc..

Cqr, sound like the truck had the airbags taken out and a spring conversion done. Either way it's for the better

Really, can I still jack it up
pits got 17 inch wheels on at the mo
What should I look for at 160,ooo miles inside taty but got toys etc
but got to be better than my fl2 which is very good, so many people surprised at how much I can do lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 139
Fitted a snorkel/ raised axle breathers etc since that photo

I have to say I've only just joined and help etc is great

They can be modded as much as you want/ your wallet can endure..

Off the shelf lift kits available for lift., proper diff locks help.. along with A-trac which divides opinion.

But tyres are an important choice too. As I said, a 120 with a small lift and mud tyres would be a very capable machine.

I've had my 95 down to the axles in peat bogs on a/t tyres and it simply refused to stop.

Thanks bob
so should I go for a high mileage 120 lc5 or keep looking in your opinion, thanks

I would suggest going to look at a few examples, drive them and see what you think. As I say, 160k is not high miles, so maybe reconsider what high mileage means wham dealing with landcruisers.. You'll get a feeling for a good one, and mileage isn't everything. A good history and evidence of a well maintained truck are worth more in this case.

Hope you find the one you want, and happiness will follow!

thank you
so lc5 ok off road
been reading lc3 is the one to go for
all new to me lol

Back