Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Nice 80 with Barn Doors

I like mine with the barn doors, but I imagine the tailgate better for an overland build.

Nice looking 80 though...

Lovely chassis and stunning bodywork. Cough

Truck? What truck? I missed that. Was it a blue one?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
In all seriousness though, if I had room for that I'd be tempted. I think it's a nice thing. No wheel arch flares either. RHD and great interior. Shame it's not a manual as well! Be a shame not to see that sell to someone who cares. You build a great drop down kitchen into the back door. LPG tank underneath too so max room inside. That really might go for peanuts as it's a bit off beam for most people.

Not that familiar with these, but after a cheap truck for work, dont want to use the 79.
would this have factory diff locks do you know?

I would say that's a HZJ81, probably JDM spec. No wing mirror evident but that could have been removed of course. For this year of manufacture, F&R lockers were optional so I guess it's 50/50 wether it has them or not. Must admit I missed the swing out type door of the Disco when I sold it but now prefer the benefits of the drop down tailgate arrangement of the UK spec 80's. JMO

Last edited:
Saw this a few days back, it does look like a good condition truck and rare with the barn doors (in the UK). With the lack of arches, chrome mirrors and door handles I wondered if it was originally an Oz market truck? I would bank on it not having lockers until proven otherwise buy the seller.

It certainly seems to have had an easy life, and as Chris says it'll make a good truck for someone.

That's rather nice looking, wonder how neat the under carriage is.

I had the same thought Gary. :whistle:

Bet it sells cheap, special kind of nuts to buy a petrol lol.

Fabulous rack!

Would look good with a roofrack too...

Good job I didn't do my joke about leaving the barn doors open then..

Back