Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Live and earth pick-ups in the back of an 80-Series?

MikesVX80

Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Evening all!

I wish to install some LED strip lights to the boot (trunk!) of my 80, and am thinking of the best place to do so. I have two options:

1. Across the top of the inside of the tailgate. If I did this, where would I pick up a permanent live feed (and earth) from without going back into the car from the tailgate?

2. If the above is not possible, then I could fit something inside the boot somewhere, but again where is the easiest place to pick up a permanent live feed and earth from?

Sorry, electrics not my strong point, so a nod in the right direction would be great!

Thanks

Peel back the headlining and you'll find all that lot actually in there sitting ready. There is (or should be) wiring for a third roof light right at the back of the car. It's taped up in a bundle over at the left had side as you look at it.

Peel back the headlining and you'll find all that lot actually in there sitting ready. There is (or should be) wiring for a third roof light right at the back of the car. It's taped up in a bundle over at the left had side as you look at it.

Fantastic news! If I peel back the headlining, what chance do I have of getting it back without it sagging?!

All depends how careful you are. I have put mine back several times with no issues. Wash your hands or put gloves on so you don't leave marks.

OK, thanks. So how's it held in place? My only experience is with nightmare glued RR Classic headlinings, which require generous applications of spray adhesive to reinstall. Is the 80 clipped into place somehow? Any tips for removal/refitting?

Thanks!

Don't over think this. It's just a headlining. Remover the rubber seal round the door, take the clips and trim off and pull the headlining down. It's not a Range Rover.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back