Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

A Land Cruiser at last

Lyn

Country Flag
wales
Hi All,
You can call me Lyn, everybody else does!!!
I have just bought a Land Cruiser 150 series LC5 2012my in black,
No mods, looking to keep it stock std for a few years, then who knows
This is going to be my travelling car, I have a house near Bergerac, France and intend using that as my base to travel Europe
Located north of Swansea, South Wales at the moment,
I have been lucky enough to have retired some years early which will give me the time to travel and already looking at some of the planned trips other forum members have listed.
No laughing now, but my other vehicle is a Land Rover Discovery 2 which has had some changes done, lifted 2", CDL installed, EX-Eng anti-roll bar on the rear axle which can be dis-located, 9,500lb Goodwinch on the front, steel front and back bumpers, the rear interior has been removed with storage boxes taking it's place leaving just the driver and passenger seats, and I'm on first name terms with the recovery vehicle drivers and garage owners:icon-surprised:!!!!!!! To be fair it will go through anything, never had to be pulled out and will climb up the side of a house.
If anyone is having a meet up and would like an extra pint in the round let me know.
Looking forward to some happy travelling.

Welcome to the forum Lyn, as above you'll be in good company!

North of Swansea "is it" :lol:.

Although I'm English, I used to live in Coalbrook Road in Grovesend, so I know the area fairly well.

Looking forward to seeing some photos of the truck and your plans for it... :thumbup:

Welcome Lyn, You'll enjoy this forum ;-) We're all gents here, refreshing difference for an auto forum.

Hi Clive, what took you from wonderful Grovesend out to Romania, I know Lucas Ind shifted their assembly out there. I know this because I used to work for them.

Hi Clive, what took you from wonderful Grovesend out to Romania, I know Lucas Ind shifted their assembly out there. I know this because I used to work for them.

Hi Lyn, I worked for a Consultant company in the construction industry and as many like me, I took a 15 month contract in Romania in 2001, been here ever since! :lol:

I married a Romanian girl and we have a 6 yr old daughter, life is good! Inow work for a different company, owned by an Italian, on a sort of freelance basis. Plenty of work, but it's international, we have projects in Romania, Albania, Qatar, Oman, Turkey, Algeria and a hat load of other places, so there's lots of travel, too much TBH. 3 years to go, and I hope to retire to part time... Wishful thinking maybe...:think:

BTW, is the coal tip still on fire at Grovesend? It had been burning for 15 years when I was there :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I believe it's out, now all those living in Grovesend have to use gas to heat their homes.

Not too far from me (between Perigeuex and Angouleme on the D939) and Mark in Riberac - we must have a get together BBQ one day!

Not too far from me (between Perigeuex and Angouleme on the D939) and Mark in Riberac - we must have a get together BBQ one day!

Grovesend, Swansea?......errr......

Ah, Bergerac, got it :doh:silly me... :whistle:

Back