Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Adrain Flux Insurance

Paul

Garage
Country Flag
england
Just to give a quick :thumbup:

For the new Cruiser I did the usual calling around, online quoting and even went down the high street (scary prices) but my situation is a little strange due to being overseas for a while and having some gaps in my history and not being able to prove my insurance overseas as its a little different over there in Australia and getting proof quickly or at all could be tricky.

Called Flux as they were my last UK insurer, and after a bit of checking on their part they came through with a good deal with all the usual inclusions such as legal and breakdown and no worries on the modifications that I will of course not be doing and the premium is about the same as I was paying before I left.

Did try Knott's for some loyalty to forum sponsors but they did not reply to my online quote application.

I've just today, reinsured with Flux, they had sent me a renewal of £400 which was a bit cheaper than last year, £450, I tried Chris Knott and the best they could co was £386, but Flux had said get back to them if I got a cheaper quote so I did and got a reduction to £360 with an increase on my yearly mileage to 6000. :thumbup:
One thing puzzles me though I didn't get any no claims bonus, when I queried this they said it's because I'm on a classic car policy. :confusion-confused:

Have now got 5 with AF, Yaris, Hilux. Suburban,80 and 100, all under £280 (each) the Hilux is cheapest at £200.
They are a bit like Marmite, and sometimes they need reigning in a bit but I will be sticking with them.
Apparently if your Cruiser is well modified its quite a bit cheaper than a standard road version to insure as its a better risk according to what they say.

I've now got 3 with them as of today. Thanks for the post, it reminded me to call them-with only 12 hours before auto renewal with Admiral who I've been with for probably 20 years. Around the same price but with added breakdown cover that covered all vehicles regardless of age and into Europe too!

Last edited:
Back