Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear wheel arches

Aspire

Country Flag
england
Dear all,

has anyone replaced the rear wheel arches or is there. Current thread?

REGARDS

Simon

I fitted OEM overarches (as Mr T seems to call them) to my '95 80 that didn't have them initially. What a PITA it was too :?

Why do you need to replace them? I think its difficult to get the plastic clips out without them all breaking plus the gasket may get destroyed in the process. I'm not sure what you might find underneath in terms of corrosion... I think there was thread here abot a white landcruiser (snow white?) that was getting a full respray and there may be reference to the removal of the splats in there.

I am replacing them due to one is damaged and the lacquer is peeling off the other. Will check out to see how others have done this.

regards

simon

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
No clips need to be broken. The outside fixings are obvious. The rest are behind the interior plastic side panel.

I had a similar problem with one arch after gouging it on the gatepost and was able to fix in situ. Repainted using a halfords colour matched aerosol primer, base and lacquer. The initial finish wasn't magnificant as I did it outside in the drive way but after a week for full cure I flatted the lacquer and buffed it back. You would be pushed to tell the difference and it cost less than £30! The lacquer is a bit softer than two pack but a month or so on I could top it off with a two pack if i think it needs it.

http://www.landcruiserclub.net/foru...Story-of-Snow-White-LC80-Build-Thread-!/page3

I expected to be robbed by mrT for clips when i removed my 90's arches but i got them from Simon Holton at about 70p each . The plastic does get brittle so at that price its probably worth swapping them while your at it anyway . The gaskets i got from Cardiff Toyota world and i felt robbed paying about 30 quid each for a bit of draft excluder so you might want to warm the rubber and take your time removing that .

Thanks to .Chris for his input today will be ordering the strips from Oz anyone needing strips etc to share the postage.

regards

Back