Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New Guy Here!

RubberDucky

Country Flag
united_states
Hey all! I've currently got a 01 4Runner but hoping to find the perfect FJ80 some time soon! Joining up to learn all I can about the Land Cruiser before going out to find one. I love my 4R but its a little too small for my taste, that and its 2WD. I kind jumped into it without doing my due diligence but that's another story.

I hope to learn all I can here!

Welcome to the club Rubber Ducky (my goodness!) especially as a potential 80 owner!

4Runner eh? Well we can all make mistakes :icon-biggrin: not such a blunder after all.

After 15 posts or so you'll be obliged to post photos, it doesn't matter what of, we're just addicted to photos :lol:

Welcome! You're not too far from me. I haven't updated my profile yet, but I'm in Melbourne FL. Planning on bringing over my cruiser soon (finger crossed). You might be seeing me around in it. Good luck with your search. 80 series are pretty rare in the US from what I've seen but on the plus side, the one's that are still about tend to be in pretty good shape!

Welcome to the club Rubber Ducky (my goodness!) especially as a potential 80 owner!

4Runner eh? Well we can all make mistakes :icon-biggrin: not such a blunder after all.

After 15 posts or so you'll be obliged to post photos, it doesn't matter what of, we're just addicted to photos :lol:

Hahah, will do! I've got a little bit to go before I can get out from under this 4Runner, but I'm super excited to find a 80 series.

Welcome! You're not too far from me. I haven't updated my profile yet, but I'm in Melbourne FL. Planning on bringing over my cruiser soon (finger crossed). You might be seeing me around in it. Good luck with your search. 80 series are pretty rare in the US from what I've seen but on the plus side, the one's that are still about tend to be in pretty good shape

I've noticed there aren't many 80 series, or even 60 series for that matter. Ideally I want a nice 96-97 with front and rear lockers. Me and my group of friends want to take our rigs overlanding one year and a 2WD 4Runner won't do it lol.

Hahah, will do! I've got a little bit to go before I can get out from under this 4Runner, but I'm super excited to find a 80 series.

I've noticed there aren't many 80 series, or even 60 series for that matter. Ideally I want a nice 96-97 with front and rear lockers. Me and my group of friends want to take our rigs overlanding one year and a 2WD 4Runner won't do it lol.

If you have the money, what about a 100 series? Seen quite a few down here. They're pretty reliable trucks as well, more refined and comfortable than the 80 series and slightly better on gas millage.

I like how the 80 series looks better really. I don't drive enough to really be concerned with MPG, that and I plan on moving some time soon and the LC would be better suited to pulling a car than the 4Runner would be.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back