Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What makes a cruiser good for export

GeekOKent

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Looking through the eBay listings... keep coming up with these adverts for cruisers marked as 'great for export'. What's wrong with using them locally ?

Its a government thing..................................they allow in illegal immigrants, we send back old landcruisers

I always thought it was an indirect way of saying to immigrants "take it home on your next visit and sell it for twice the price" ?

Makes sense.

Have seen some real bangers out in the wild.

Just look at how many 60's went to the Middle East over the last 10 years. When I advertised the one NeilOverland bought and restored the phone never stopped ringing from potential exporters.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hopefully the ones going to the middle east are not the ones we see on TV with their m40 mod's

Letter to Dad by An Arab Sheikh student:

Dear Dad,

Cardiff is a wonderful city the people are nice and I really like it here, but Dad, I am bit ashamed to go to the college in my Gold Ferrari when all the students and professors travel here by train.

Your Son
------------------------------
Response by the Arab Sheikh Dad:

Loving son,

I just transferred Twenty Five Million Dollars to your Bank account. Please stop embarrassing our family and go and get yourself a train too.

Your Dad

it's a real problem in hilux circles. A lot, especially mark 3s are getting nicked. Beat up rusty ones are popular because they won't rust any more in a hot dry place but still generally have good running gear, which is shagged on the local ones.

Standard trucks are much more popular than modded ones.

Also I believe shagged looking ones can be exported as spares so get taxed much much less

A lot of the Hi-lux's go to Africa (not sure which particular country).

When my mate sold his MK4 Hi-Lux it was brought by a black guy from London who exports Hi-lux's back home.

The guy told him they cut the chassis in half just behind the cab and then load them into shipping containers with the tub stacked on top of the cab, so they get quite a few in a container.
Then when they get to Africa and are imported as parts thus avoiding some sort of import tax, they then weld them back together and they are sold on for a lot more than there worth in the UK. :icon-ugeek:

Attachments

• hi-lux.jpg
    hi-lux.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 52
Poor hilux's being chopped up like that. On another note I read somewhere that axle twister in your photo has been filled in and graded now.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Its been happening here in Ireland for years. Almost impossible to get a mk2/3 hilux, and the Toyota Hiace and Dyna are endangered species here now. One seller told me a mid 90's hilux could fetch €12,000 over there... From being a 2 grand rust box here

Back