Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

24v auto with lockers 80series

I can't see an EGR fitted to that. It's not top of my shopping list clearly, just curious why it's not there :think:. Is it just because it's an import?

Similarly, why a key lock in the middle of the boot door?

Jap imports dont often have EGR valves.
most 80's that didnt come with a swing out spare wheel should have the door lock in the middle does your not?????

Jap imports dont often have EGR valves.
most 80's that didnt come with a swing out spare wheel should have the door lock in the middle does your not?????

Ummm, zero out of ten for observation on my part :doh:I've never really noticed it, let alone used it :oops:. So much to learn, so little time.

Weird spec! VX with a sunroof, aircon and centre armrest, but only 5 seats, cloth interior and fixed rear windows - very strange! Or maybe standard spec for an import?

Will be interesting to see what that goes for - £6k? £8k? £10k? Does look a good truck, which are getting few and far between!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
And no passenger airbag on a 95 year truck - it's got the 'oh sh1t' grab rail on the dash. But strange. Be interesting to see what the VIN tells us ;)

I just might make a few enquiries....... Cheers Stu :thumbup:

This is a spec I've only seen once before, usually 24V imports do have a spare wheel carrier but not always. Likewise they do not have foglights on the rear lower tailgate. AFAIK all the rear door locks are in the same place. All imports I have come across have had fixed rear windows. Regarding the EGR valves, some have them some dont. It wasn't until late 96 UK Cruisers had 2 air bags but some imports at that age have 2, some have one and some have none.
This is the first 24V import I have seen though with lockers though. Some imports have the CD switch on the dash and some don't. It looks like it even has the cup holder in the dash too. I've never come across an import with 3rd row seats fitted yet.
I guess it depends from where it was imported and the peculiarities of that market.
All it needs is a MPH speedo and its ready to go.
This the best spec 24V auto I have seen ( although I am not a fan of the swing out wheel carrier and consider its omission a bonus).
This is the nearest to a UK spec car you will get and is what we really should have had ( with leather seats) .
If its bodily sound it wants buying and if I wasn't so happy with my GX I would be seriously considering it as its a great spec.

And no passenger airbag on a 95 year truck - it's got the 'oh sh1t' grab rail on the dash. But strange. Be interesting to see what the VIN tells us ;)

:lol: My 80s got no airbags at all, and that's a '95 year truck. I too have the 'oh sh1t' grab rail on the passenger dash, but I never knew the technical term for it! :shifty: :lol:

Yeah I got that from SWMBO coz that's what she called it when we were sliding down slippy slopes in the mud and rain in the GXL 80 ...

Last edited:
I thought it was galled a Jesus handle!, will have to rename mine, back on topic, that does seem a good spec truck though

Andy

sod the truck, i want the reg!

NIck Thomas

The seller kindly sent me some extra photos which appear to show at least some rust in the rear arch where it joins the sill. You can also see what appears to be bubbling on the drivers side sill by the rear arch if you zoom in on the eBay photos. I could also glimpse a bit of the underside which looked at least average for a 95 truck in the UK.

This truck is pretty much my ideal spec but if I am to start again, I would ideally want to be able to have a damn good poke around to determine the extent of any rust. As the truck is too far for me to go and view I am reluctant to take the chance on this one. Having said that, I don't know which way I'll go till the auction reaches the last few minutes..........

An alternative to get an 80 that spec, find a good condition petrol and convert to diesel, its been done and you get a late model 24V TD auto UK spec.

There is a rally nice late BLUE 80 petrol on eblag now which i was tempted with.

If your passing pop by and have a look. i am only interested if its 100% no rust or oil leaks.
cheers andy

Back