Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Recommend me a campsite close to Snowdon?

MikesVX80

Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
So the missus has decided we should take a little walk up Snowdon one weekend, and also gives us an opportunity to try out the Landcruiser as a camping vehicle.

As we want to climb Snowdon, can anyone recommend a decent campsite somewhere near the base, please? One with decent facilities and pretty views would be nice, not that I'm asking a lot! The only campsite I know in North Wales is near Bala, and ideally I want to walk from the campsite to Snowdon rather than pack everything up and drive!

Cheers,

Mike

That is a really beautiful part of Wales, I had a friend with a cottage right on the bank of Nant Gwynant, to wake up in the morning to the view across that lake was something else. I haven't been up there for a few years now so I don't know if she still lives there.
I didn't know there is a campsite by the lake, maybe that came since I was last in Wales.

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I'm really looking for something at the foot of Snowdon, near the Snowdon Ranger Track up the mountain ideally. This looks the best situated so far, just one mile away!

Any other suggestions if you've been to a particularly good one are welcome! :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I've been to the Cwellen Arms 5 or 6 years ago. Can't remember what the facilities was like, but the location was great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back