Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

A late summer bbq meeting ?

GeekOKent

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Hi

Wondering if there was any interest in getting together one weekend for an elongated bbq session?

Thinking late September.

Maybe not-too-far north west of London, but I dont have a site in mind at this point. Some places seem to have group fields or ranges... maybe we can get one of those?

Did someone mention food?:icon-biggrin:

I would be up for beer and food

I/we would deffo be up for it, food,beer,good company hopefully good weather.

I have been offered use of a farm on the gower the owner whats to use as a offroad site. lots to do and great views only issue is no insurance at the moment.
let me know if you guys are interested its about 100A 30 of wood land on a hill and lots to do belive me. will post a couple of pictures of the view.
stu

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Beer AND food. Sorry didn't realise we could have BOTH. Awesome.

I feel a plan emerging.

I am going over on the 11 of July to have a play with my defender and see what it's like. It's very overgrown and scratchy at the moment but this can be sorted. Will let you know how much and when. Rough numbers would be good so I can look at some kind of insurance.Stu

I am going over on the 11 of July to have a play with my defender and see what it's like. It's very overgrown and scratchy at the moment but this can be sorted. Will let you know how much and when. Rough numbers would be good so I can look at some kind of insurance.Stu

I am game if around. The Gower, Ill bring the surfboards

I did think of doing a day at the farm and then do a beginners surf lesson to mix things up a bit.
Stu

Insurance Stu? For whom? Against what?

If we met up as individuals citizens and just played, it would not be motorsport, nor an organised club event. Just permission to be on someone's land. We did go through all this with Lincomb.

You need to be really clear, as I am sure you would be, just who you were insuring and against what event happening.

I have gone through it before.
Just say you were at an event I got people together and you fell over and broke you leg and can't walk or work for 6 months, you stop being able to pay your mortgage your wife is moaning that you have no money. All you would need to do is make a phone call to the no win no fee that's and they start procedings to take everything I own and I an homeless.
It's a much better idea to have insurance for it.
I have spoken to a few solicitors and they don't recommend anything with out it.

I know people that have been taken to court over similar things.

Stu

I've removed the reply I posted a little time ago given that it might serve only to confuse and it detracts from the theme of the thread which is super.

But in a much shortened version - don't confuse insurance with taking civil action against another party. Insurance is a pool of money you buy into, the insurer hoping you'll never claim. It's a gamble for them.

This is utterly different to having a solicitor try to sue someone for your loss. Civil action has to demonstrate someone let you down. You fall over in a wood, you might be able to claim on the insurance scheme, but you won't get the landowner in court.

Last edited:
Watching with interest. Always up for an outing! Plus got a couple of camping toys to try out.

Sounds good, any ideas on dates?

re insurance..i had an Overlander weekend and i enquired about insurance, they wouldnt cover it as we didnt have an agenda, ie there werent organised activities it was just some people meeting up and haveing a bbq, so i think youd be ok taking this approach, people have to accept responsibility for their own actions, and a simple disclaimer we signed on arrival could do that.? Put the money into beer and grub and not some insurers pocket who prob wouldnt pay out anyway!

Hi,

I was thinking the 26 + 27th Sept - kids back in school, and its not really cold as yet. That also gives space for the Romania and Ireland trips. And the Morocco headed folks can air out their kit.

the Gower is a bit further west that I had thought initially, but I've never been there before and it looks like a good spot.

Dates sound good to me G.O.K

It's your party, your call. Much further West and we'd get wet feet.

Back