Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Continuous whistle hum and rattle from the deep down in the engine bay of my 150 2010

LAMPZ.64

Country Flag
england
Hi Lyn
I have a simular problem with my 2010-150 landcruiser. On the M4 doing around 85 suddenly a loud audable whistle started coming from te engine. I started emediatley to slow down to a low speed and noticed that the excellaerator would get to 1000 revs and the low whistle would start to increase at 2000 revs the whistle was so loud I thought the engine was ging to blow. Have you had this problem, does any one know what teh cause of this is. It is now being towed to Toyota Swindon to see whats causing it. But sound expensive.
Apparently the local garage has found that the catylitic convertor seems OK and clear there is also no blockage in the exhaust system etc. But with out he aid of diagnostics the fault cannot be located. Can any one advise me what this problem is or experianced this problem? Any advice would be gladly received.

Lampz

If it's a loud whistle that starts at around 2000RPM I would guess the turbo pipe has come off / split / other. If it's popped off then quick, simple and cheap(ish) fix. If it's split then, well, all up to what and where.

It should be under warranty though - that type of failure should not happen. Let us know how it pans now.

I've moved your thread to a new one as it's not really related to this thread.

Crispin

Check for broken exhaust. With the exhaust holed or parted company you can hear the turbo quite plainly (well at least in a Mk1 Shogun you can [emoji6]).

Back